Part 13

I slowly opened my eyes as the sunlight shined through the cracks in the shutters. I looked around before recognizing my surroundings, I also groaned as I remembered the events of last night.

I am never letting her drink anything stronger than coffee ever again.

I tried to get up only to feel something pulling me back, I looked down and saw Coco beside me with her arms around my waist.

Oh right, that happened.

I gently eased out from under her and shook her awake, she opened her eyes slowly and groaned as she sat up.

"Uhhhh my head, wha....what happened?"

"Well good morning sleeping beauty, it's almost time to head back to Beacon."

She got up and rested her head on the window while massaging her forehead, I walked down stairs and got a two cups then went back upstairs and set one on the windowsill beside her.

"Here, apparently this herbal tea is supposed to help with headaches and muscle pains."

She picked up the cup and took a few sips, after several minutes she let out a relived sigh and turned to face me.

"Thanks Bane, I appreciate it." She said with a smile as she put on her sunglasses.

I nodded as I put on my coat, I finished packing my rucksack and turned towards the door. I looked back and saw her all ready to leave.

"Let's head back home now shall we?"

We left the inn and began walking towards the clearing where the bullhead dropped us off, sure enough it was there waiting for us.

We climbed aboard and it began heading back towards Vale. I leaned out of the window and felt the wind rushing against my face, looking over the forest I thought back to when I first arived in this world. While remembering all the things that happened while I was in Remnant I thought back to why I came to Beacon in the first place. When I first came here I was intent on finding a way back to my world, but now...

What do I have waiting for me back there, a brawl with a bat and a cell in Arkham? Is going back really worth it?

I looked up as we drew closer to Vale and sighed as images of my past life flashed by my eyes. I looked at the city and shook my head.

In here I am a new man, not the Masked Mercenary. Here I am just another huntsman out of the many. Here I have a chance for a new life.

As we arived in Vale I climbed off and saw Velvet along with two others waiting by the docks for us. The first being a tall muscular man with short cropped hair and a large sword on his back.

The second one was a slightly shorter male with dark skin and pale white eyes, he wore black pants and a red vest and had two similar colored blades on either of his arms.

As we walked up to them Velvet turned and gave her teammate a hug. She then placed her hands on Coco's shoulders and smiled.

"So how did it go?"

"It was alright all things considered, there were a lot of Grimm but I had Bane here to watch my back so it was ok."

The big guy turned and looked at me.
"So you were her partner for this mission?"

"That's right."

He nodded and I continued.

"Well all in all the mission was successful, even killed the Beringel."

The other boy had a concerned look on his face.
"Ozpin never said anything about a Beringel, if I had known about that I would have come along with you."

Coco scoffed and pointed to me.
"Well you don't have to worry because this guy ripped it in half."

They all seemed shocked at her statement and then looked at me as if for confirmation of her words. I just shrugged.
"She's not lying."I turned towards the others and then back to Coco.

"Care to introduce me to your team?"

"Well everyone this is Bane, and Bane you've already met Velvet and these two are Yatsuhashi and Fox."

I shook their hands and then turned toward Yatsuhashi.
"So about your leader...."

Him and Fox both looked at me quizzically for a second before I motioned for them to follow me elsewhere.

(Coco's pov)

I was talking to Velvet when I saw Bane walk away with Yastu and Fox, they stood in a circle while he said something I couldn't hear. After several minutes my teammates began laughing and Yatsuhashi looked at me then patted him on the shoulder.

Ok, what's going on there?

My curiosity peaked I walked over to them and listened to their conversation.

"....few people have seen her like that, and lived to tell the tale that is."

Bane sighed and rubbed the back of his head. "Well now I know what not to do when I'm with her."

Fox just smirked as he noticed me coming closer, "Just make sure that she doesn't drink anything stronger than coffee and you're good."

At that I froze.
Wait, are they talking about me? And if they are what happened back there in the village?

I walked closer and then they all stopped talking, Bane shook their hands and waved goodbye, but before he left I grabbed his wrist.

"Bane, what happened last night?"

(Bane pov)

Shit, she knows, or does she?

I looked at her and shook my head.
"Story for another time."

I then turned and began running towards Vale with Coco yelling for me to come back.

Hell no, I'm not dealing with that mess anytime soon.

As I reached the town I went towards a weapons shop to refill on dust for my gauntlets. After I exited the shop I felt something light land on my shoulders and two hands covered my eyes.

I smiled and slowly uncovered my eyes and looked up.
"Well hello Neo."

She smiled and back flipped off my shoulders before landing gracefully behind me. She closed her umbrella and began typing rapidly on her scroll.

Hey big guy, I was wondering if you have anything planned for tonight?

"Nothing in particular, why?"

Well I am going to a certain place tonight and was wondering if you'd like to be my plus one.

I guess it couldn't hurt, after all I could learn more about who she works for.

(A/N yes he knows who she is, I mean he deduced the identity of batman in under a year while in prison, so figuring out who Neo was isn't half as much of a challenge)

"Sure, I'd like that."

Great, here's the address. I'll see you then Bane.

I nodded and she walked away into town. I looked at the address and sighed.

"Well then, where can I buy a suit?"

(A/N this chapter is mostly filler because I can't just write action scenes all the time, so next up a date with Neo, this might take a bit to write. But anyways I hope you all enjoy, I'll try to have the next part out fairly soon and as always have a lovely day / evening / night. )