Chapter Two- Visitors

Tony Stark shifted on his recliner, sipping his Margarita outside the new Avengers headquarters. It was hot, the sun was shining, and a spaceship was crashing to Earth in a ball of fire.

Tony sat up, his mouth gaping as he watched the ship free fall towards him, drink forgotten in his hand. He pressed on his comms device.

"Err.. guys? We have a situation. You might want to get out here," he murmured, still staring at the smoking ship. Moments later, Natasha Romanoff appeared, followed by the rest of the Avengers; Stark and Rogers had put their quarrels aside and agreed to meet in neutral ground- the Avengers headquarters.

"What the hell is that?" Barton exclaimed, catching sight of the ship.

"A spaceship. Judging by the size and shape, I'd say it transports passengers and cargo. Thrusters would indicate long flights. Designed for prolonged orbit and-"

"Okay, kid. We get the idea," Stark cut off Peter's deductions, the teenager watching the UFO with unmasked excitement.

The ship landed in the field before them, somewhat clumsily, before coming to rest. The doors slid open, and the team held their breath in anticipation at what would disembark. A shadow passed the doorway, and out stepped

"Banner?" Steve exclaimed incredulously. The strongest avenger coughed and waved.

"Hey, guys," he greeted, descending the ramp and approaching them. "Long time no see."

"Why are you on a spaceship?" Vision demanded, staring at him. Banner laughed.

"Now that is a long story," was all he said. Natasha stared at him. A thump was heard from inside the spaceship and the team once again turned their attention to the metal mass before them. Another figure appeared from the ship.

"What... Thor?" Wanda shrieked, wide eyed. The young god grinned, raising an arm in greeting. He looked different from when they'd last seen him- his hair was cut short, red lines were painted down one side of his face and he wore a cordless golden eyepatch over his left eye. Most prominent, however, was the disappearance of Mjolnir. In its place Thor clutched a metal axe.

"Now," he held his hands up placatingly. "Before you get upset, know that he's a friend, and he means you no-"

A feral cry of rage ripped through the air, followed by the sound of guns loading. Thor winced, turning his head to look at the newcomer. His brother slowly raised his hands in surrender, an amused expression on his face. He snorted.

"If you think those pathetic weapons will have an effect on me, you're wrong," he stated. Romanoff hissed.

"What's he doing here?" Stark spat, glaring venomously at the traitorous god before him.

"Stark," it was Banner's voice, soft but surprisingly firm. "He really is a friend. Lower your weapons." Barton scoffed.

"No chance, there's no way we're going to-"

"Lower your weapons, or I blow the kid's brains out." The order cut through the air. The Avengers' heads snapped round. Valkyrie stood, one arm clamped round Peter's neck, the other holding a gun to the teenager's temple. Peter's eyes were wide.

"Mr Stark?" he called. The Iron Man cursed.

"Alright, alright, we're putting them down, see?" he held his hands up, setting his own gun on the ground. His friends followed suit. When she saw that they were unarmed, Valkyrie threw Peter away from her. He landed on his hands and knees with a grunt. Stark crouched and pulled him up, standing between Peter and Loki.

"Err... thank you, Valkyrie?" Thor nodded at the warrior. "But, remember, we're all friends here! No need for... err... hostilities."

"No need for hostilities?" Romanoff shouted, her first words since the strangeness started. Thor looked uncertain.

"Yes... Loki is harmless, aren't you?" he turned to his brother for support.

"No promises," he sniggered. Thor shot him a warning glare as Tony's lip curled.

"I'm sorry, but this planet is a prick free zone. I'm afraid you'll have to leave," be sniggered. Loki's face hardened.

"You really think you are above me, mortal? You are pathetic, and weak. Asgardians women have more courage than you." he hissed. Steve sniggered.

"I'm fairly sure all women have more courage than Tony," he smirked. Loki opened his mouth, but Thor grabbed his shoulder.

"That is enough, brother," he said forcefully. Loki fell silent, fuming. "Loki will not harm you as long as I am here, is that not so?" Loki nodded, still glaring.

"I still don't trust him," Barton scoffed. "He tried to invade our planet. He put me under mind control."

"I am well aware of Loki's actions," Thor placated. "But he shall do nothing to you. He will not trick, harm, or bother you in any way. Is that not so, brother?" Again Thor looked at Loki, but this time he was gazing into the distance, his green eyes unfocused. Thor frowned. "Loki?" The raven haired man looked up, wincing slightly and shaking his head as if he were dizzy.

"I just have... a... er... a headache..." Valkyrie turned to the prince, the others eyeing him distrustfully. Thor gasped, lunging forwards as Loki's eyes rolled back in his head and he collapsed.

A/N: haha! Cliffhanger! Extra long chapter for you guys! What do you think? Please vote, comment etc. Love you guys xxx