Chapter 6

POV: Jason

Shailina had been gone for hours. I had planned to give her some space. I thought if I just let her calm down she would come home and we could talk. I was starting to get worried though. I was about to go start looking for her when I heard a knock on my door.

"Its open." I said, knowing it wouldn't be who I wanted it to be. It wasn't Shailina.

Tyler came in, but stayed in the doorway. "Jason..." He seemed concerned. Tyler was always the happy one. He was the one who made everyone laugh. Seeing him without a smile on his face just reinforced my concern.

"What?" I knew I sounded harsh. I wasn't feeling very patient.

He sighed. "Jason they found Shai... border patrol found her. She's at the pack hospital."

Before he could even finish his statement I was out the door and on my way to the pack hospital. Tyler was right behind me. "Do you know what happened?" If anyone hurt her,  I would kill them.

"No, you know what I do." I didn't miss the irritation in his voice.

We walked through the doors and I realized I had no idea what room she would be in. I stopped at the front desk to ask. The receptionist was an unmated Shewolf. She had bright blonde hair and blue eyes, but they were dull and boring. She was hot, but I found myself repelling from her touch as she placed a hand on mine over the desk. "How may I help you Alpha?" She practically purred.

Leave it to Tyler to know when to step in. He pushed in front of me, shoving my back and breaking the contact. "Where is Shailina?" He asked. Clearly he wasn't in the mood to play games either.

The Shewolf pushed her lips together, and glared at Tyler before typing something in on the computer in front of her. "Room 203." She said.

I didn't even give her the curteousy of a response. She wasn't worth my time. I turned and briskly walked away. 

"Elevator?" Tyler asked but I was already shaking my head.

"Stairs. They're faster." I saw in my peripheral vision Tyler nod his head once. We dashed up the stairs, pushing open the door to the second floor of the hospital. Even room numbers were on the right and odd room numbers on the left. The second door on the left was 203. Shailina's room.

I stood in front of her door, just staring. I hadn't rejected her. I hadn't done anything. But somehow, I still felt like this was my fault. Just because we weren't close didn't mean I had ever wanted to see her hurt. I took a deep breath and opened the door. I walked in, and my breath caught. I heard Tyler walk in behind me and close the door. I could physically feel his tension as we saw our mate.

Shailina was laying in a hospital bed, but still in her party clothes, minus the black top. She was covered in dirt, but I didn't see any apparent injuries. She looked like she was sleeping.

"Alpha Jason." The doctor turned to me, addressing me by my future rank. Once an Alpha turns 18 he gains the respect of the pack as an Alpha even if he hasn't taken on the role in full yet. It was no different with me.

"What happened? Is she okay?" Tyler spoke for me. Or for us I guessed. I couldn't imagine he was anymore pleased with the situation than I was.

The doctor looked taken back by our concern. Of course he didn't know we grew up together, let alone that she was our mate. No one knew except the three of us.

"She should be fine. It seems to be a simple case. Exhaustion and dehydration." He seemed confident in his answer which relieved me. That also explained the IV running to her wrist.