Chapter 2

POV: Shailina

Graduation came and went uneventful, as expected. No one came to see me walk across the stage of auditorium. No one cheered for me, only a light display of claps out of a polite crowd of werewolf parents and families. If I had any doubt about my post gruduation plans to leave, I didn't now.

Luckily, I hadn't found my mate yet. Lucky because I wasn't sure I was ready to make the rejection. I knew the odds would drastically increase of me finding him tonight if he was in our pack because all the wolves who were at least 18 or turning 18 that year would be there. This party might as well have been an annual "Find your mate" bash. That's not to say unmated wolves, male and female, wouldn't be there throwing themselves out there trying to get laid.

All the same, I found myself getting ready for the beginning of summer bash I knew Jason was throwing. I chose a black skirt that flared out at the bottom in 2 layers. It reached about mid-thigh and was my favorite. I added a white spaghetti strap top and a black, half sleeve, dress shirt that I buttoned half way exposing the white tank top below and a moderate amount of cleavage. I had no idea why I cared so much about how I looked considering that this was more of a goodbye party to me. The only thing is no one knew it was to be goodbye. Being the loner that I am, no one knew I was intending to leave.

I quickly straightened my hair and did my make up in my typical fashion. Less is more, right?

Black flip flops with silver colored stones completed the outfit. I stood in front of the mirror taking myself in. I was nervous. My wolf was anxious. She still hadn't talked to me, but I wasn't worried because I know sometimes they're just not ready.

I found myself lost in my thoughts, still watching myself in the mirror. I decided to let my mind wander. The last time I attended a party was my 4th birthday party and there wasn't much I remembered.

*Flashback*

Purple streamers decorated the small kitchen and living room in our home. A purple banner hung in the entry way from the living room to the kitchen with big letters spelling "HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY SHAI!" A pile of presents sat on one side of the kitchen table and my cake on the other directly in front of me.

My 4 year old self looked up at my father, too excited to sit still. In fact, I literally jumped and danced around the room, forgetting I was supposed to be sitting down in my chair.

"PUH-WEASE DADDY!!! I wanna open my presents! Now! Now! Now!"

My father looked down at me, smiling from ear to ear and chuckling lightly.
"In due time darling. We are waiting for..."

He never finished his statement. His eyes went wide and a brief moment later he was across the room holding my mother in his arms screaming at her to just hold on. She had been shot through the heart with a silver tip arrow.

The guests of our party were screaming and scattering as arrows were coming through the windows at the front our house. Chaos and disorganization surrounded me. I tried to find focus, to understand what was happening. At 4 years old there's only so much you can understand.

In what seemed like less than a minute my father was sitting me down outside the back door telling me to run.
"GO SHAILINA! RUN AND DON'T STOP FOR ANYTHING!"

Tears poured down my face as I tried to understand why daddy didn't want me anymore. Why was daddy telling me to leave? Did I do something wrong?
"Daddy, no! Please let me stay! I pwomise I'll be good!"

Daddy's eyes looked scared and concerned. He quickly took me in his arms.
"Shai, darling, this isn't your fault. Please go! Run until a wolf finds you and ask for Uncle Carl. He'll take care of you. I promise I'll come for you when it's safe. I love you. Now GO!"

I still didn't understand but I turned around and started running. I ran and ran until I couldn't anymore. When I made it onto Alpha Carl's territory I was so exhausted and dehydrated I couldn't even talk, let alone continue to stand on my own. Border patrol found me nearly passed out.

*End of Flashback*

I shook my head, trying to focus my thoughts. How long had I been sitting here, lost in my past? I noticed the sun was setting and outside people were suddenly everywhere. I'm sure the house was just the same. Music was blaring and I could feel the vibration of the bass in the songs. I glanced back at my apartment once more before locking the door and closing it behind me.

Ready or not here I come I thought as I decended the stairs. No more looking back. It's time to move forward.

A/N:
I had fully intended to do a strict once a day update, but seeing as I'm just starting out this story and I'm super motivated right now I thought I would upload a few chapters.
If you're reading this, I want to know!! I want your comments, your votes, everything! Yea, yea, I'm a needy bitch lolz

If you've held out this long so far (I know, an entire really boring 2 chapters) then thank you!!!

Please, please, please I am BEGGING YOU give me time to build to my story. If you absolutely hate it, don't like how the story is going or anything I don't just want you to tell me, I NEED you to tell me!!

I am writing because I LOVE writing but if you (the readers) aren't happy with my work then it's all for nothing!!!

Comment, vote, whatever... you know the drill 😘

♡Azara♡