Soul & Fear

July 11, 9 A.M.

Selene had walked in the laboratory to check on the cells. Dexio and Sina gladly showed her the healthy Zygarde cells. "Woah, they're thriving in here."

"I'd have to agree," Sina had replied.

Elio suddenly walked in. "Elio?!"

"Hey, I was told that today was the day."

"Wait what? Are you even good enough to good walk?"

"Sina.."

"Yes, Elio?"

"Show me the cells."

"Um sure."

Selene had noticed Elio shaking. He looked nervous. As he took a tray of cells, he had walked into another room.

Both Dexio and Sina went inside too, without her. Selene raised an eyebrow and continued looking at the Zygarde Cubes.

"Aaaa!"

With eyebrows shooting up, she ran inside the room. All she saw was a big Zygarde and Dexio and Sina.

"W-Where's Elio?"

"Inside."

"No, he didn't!"

"He did," said Sina, turning to her.

"Don't you lie!"

Dexio had bitten his lip. "We're not lying."

"No, no!"

Selene looked up the Zygarde. She tried to look through the Pokémon. Nothing. Please be nothing.

"I-I don't see him!"

Nothing... please.

"I can't..."

The Zygarde had begun to enrage. It furiously spilled a few substances and broke the lab's roof. "Oh my gosh!"

"Elio! Please listen to me!"

Zygarde didn't listen. It kept breaking until it reached the entrance. Selene saw two blonde figures heading towards it.

"Elio! Why?!" cried Selene.

The female dexholder left the two puzzled. Selene starting banging on the Zygarde. The Pokémon didn't even look at her but shook its head.

"What's going on, Selene?" asked Korrina.

"E-Elio..." Selene fell down to her knees. "H-He's... not here.."

"What do you mean?"

"He... gave his soul.. to this Zygarde."

Korrina frowned, "Fine, I'll tame it."

Slowly stroking the Zygarde, the gym leader stroked its leg. "It looks hurt."

"Should we call a Nurse Joy?" asked Selene.

"No, we're not even close to a center."

"I meant call a Pokémon Center."

"No service," Korrina replied. "I just checked."

"Argh!" said Selene. "I wish I had my phone right now!"

Korrina shook her head, "Let me use something inside. Hopefully it's not broken."

"Oh okay."

"Gladion, could you try and protect the Zygarde from any harm?"

"Yeah sure."