Two Partners, Two Situations

June 24, 12 P.M.

It was lunch time. Elio and Selene brought their lunches onto the outside lunch tables. Selene looked around for any sign of Lizzie. Thankfully, she wasn't there but Selene couldn't help being cautious. She was thinking,

Why is Lizzie trying to do this to me? Ugh! She does this to every single cute boy in summer school! This year should be the year she will stop! I'll make sure she learns her lesson! Hmph! Why-

"Um, may I sit here with you and him?"

Selene looked up and immediately got the feeling of choking someone like...

Lizzie.

Elio turned to see her,"Uh sure I guess."

Selene wanted to just disappear with Elio. She was thinking fast,

ELIO!! WHY DID YOU- GRRR! This is gonna be a rough day. Why did God choose Lizzie to be on this world? I hate her so much!

"Err... I have to go to the bathroom... I-I'll be back!",said Selene.

She quickly took her lunch and went inside the school. Selene headed for the library and open the door. There was nobody inside and it felt empty. She sat down on a table and continued eating her lunch. A librarian entered into the library only to see a child just munching on a bagel.

"Excuse me, miss. Somebody needs a word with you.",the librarian said.

Selene lifted an eyebrow,"You know I have a name, riiight?"

"Selene, follow me.",the librarian ordered, rolling his eyes.

"Fine.",she replied. "Just tell me who please."

"Lizzie Mc-"

"UGH! WHY HER?"

"As I was saying, Lizzie McHugh. Please no shouting in the library."

Selene's face went red in anger,"Whatever."

She followed the librarian until a moment later, they found Lizzie sitting on her velvet chair, behind her grand desk.

"Thank you, Uncle Colress."

"You're most welcome, Lizzie.",the librarian said, bowing and exiting the room. He left Selene and Lizzie staring at each other in anger. There was an awkward silence between them.

Due to the weird silence, Lizzie cleared her throat and asked,"Do you know why you're here?"

Selene looked away from Lizzie,"A word."

Lizzie was surprised at the answer,"Do you have an idea what I'm trying to do here?"

"Steal every boy here.",she replied quickly.

Lizzie shook her head,"I'm trying to see if you like anybody or not."

Selene used her sarcasm,"Oh really?"

"Yes really.",Lizzie said, being serious. "I can see you have some kind of spark between you and Elio."

"Um... er - thanks..?"