Chronicles of The Ended Earth

This world is a desolate place. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. It's because of how ignorant our ancestors were. They were slowly destroying the planet through pollution. But the final blow was delt during WW |||. The more dangerous countries used nuclear explosions. It was an immensely dangerous massacre on the world. America, Iraq, Russia, Syria and many other countries caused the damage.

The world's current population isn't even 0.03% of what it used to be. There were billions of people on earth before (must have been pretty crowded), now there are a hundred thousand people scattered around the world at most.

What were our ancestors thinking? There isn't much clean water. There are some places in the world where the air isn't even breathable. And the weather is out of control.

The people who live in this time are unhealthy and always fighting. All world order collapsed and now it's every man for himself. You have to be hostile, strong, and have skills with using weapons to survive.

Were there mutant animals in the past? Or were they something else that our ancestors are to blame for? Every year, hundreds die from mutant animals' violence. Making our low population dwindle even more.

I wonder what it'd be like if I lived in the past, before the world was almost completely destroyed. Like maybe the year 2012.

But either way, this is home sweet home. If this world got worse more people would die. But I and many others have managed to survive, so this place can't be that bad, now can it?

Some people believe that they can be saved and wished away to a paradise that doesn't exist. "Have faith," those imbeciles always say, "If we pray to God then he will save us."

I don't think that there is a God out there. Not like those people think. If there really was a divine being who helps the faithful, then he wouldn't have let the world get this way. If there is a God out there, then he's more evil than those idiots believe.

Even if there was a god, I wouldn't pray to him. I would still want to fight for myself and not rely on others. I don't care how divine they are.

But despite that, I don't hate those religious freaks. They those who are sad and broken, hope. Even though I don't agree with their babblings, they still help some people. So I guess they're alright.

I will survive without the help of others. I will live and never depend on help. I will stay alone and never help anyone. Or at least that's what I thought before I met him.