***

Meryl had just finished brushing her teeth in the bathroom that morning and smiled as she stood in the doorway of the bedroom and watched her husband kneeling in front of their bed singing to the babies as they were falling back to sleep on their parents' bed now that they had full bellies and fresh diapers. It amazed her how she and Don felt like they did when Henry was born; while they were seasoned pros in dealing with babies it also seemed so new now that it was 21 years since they last had a baby. It also amazed her that at a time in their lives when they didn't think they could become closer or love each other more than they already did; they had fallen in love deeper than ever before and were as close as they had ever been. As she watched him kiss on their babies and sing to them she felt this overwhelming need just to be with him. She also smiled that he changed some of the lyrics of the song to include both babies.

Babies mine, don't you cry.
Babies mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your heads close to my heart,
Never to part, babies of mine.

Little ones, when you play,
Pay no heed what they say.
Let your eyes sparkle and shine,
Never a tear, babies of mine.

If they knew all about you,
They'd end up loving you, too.
All those same people who scold you,
What they'd give just for the right to hold you.

From your hair down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But, you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be, babies of mine.

"You know guys, Daddy and Mommy thought they were done. We were traveling and working; then we found out about one of you. Then both of you." Don whispered as he stroked both of their heads. "You absolutely complete our family. People may tease you because you have old parents; but no two people could love either of you more than your mama and I do. We didn't get to hold either of you as soon as you were born but we love you both more than you will ever know."

Meryl was wiping away tears as she walked up behind him and knelt down beside him. "They're pretty amazing. I know it's a lot of work; but having more in our 60's isn't so bad. It's kind of like we're having our first all over again. I love how much time we have with them; and each other. We aren't worried about how we are going to pay the bills. We can not only enjoy time with them; but time being parents and husband and wife together."

"Hey, you." Don smiled kissing her lips. "You shouldn't be kneeling."

Meryl laughed as she shook her head at her husband. "My typical Don Man; I'm fine, baby. Looks like they're out. I don't know about you but I could use a shower."

"Go ahead." Don smiled; totally missing what his wife was trying to say to him. "I'll watch them; then I can shower."

Meryl shook her head as she trailed her finger tips along his back under his shirt. "I was kind of hoping my husband would join me in the shower."

"Baby, you know what our showers together lead to." Don smirked.

Meryl nodded with a knowing smile. "I know it can't lead to that but we can still enjoy each other; come on."

"Darl, we can't." Don sighed as he helped her stand up. "We can't leave them."

Meryl smiled as she picked Mags up kissing her and placing her in the bassinet; and then doing them same with Brady. "The great thing about bassinets is they have wheels; let's wheel them into the bathroom. We will be able to hear them. Just like we've done with all of the other kids; and they didn't suffer."