She broke into a smile which made my chest warm and my fingertips tingle. She's so fuckin' perfect.

"Maybe a little later when someone leaves the house?" She replied.

I frowned, "She'll be busy though. You know how long your parents calls are. Remember that one time we didn't hear from them until an hour past dinner?"

"I'm not risking it," She said. "What if we get too caught up and don't hear her coming or something?"

As much as I don't want to admit that she's right ... she is. I mean, I definitely don't want to put Maliah in any more danger and risk ruining the relationship both our parents have. No more sleep overs and hanging out for excessive amounts of time.

I spoke after a few moments, "Fine, but I want a rain check."

She smirked, "Maybe."

I smiled and rested my head on her pillow. I know things can't be this smooth for too long, but ... this is a nice change. A break from all the bullshit I have to deal with daily. Can't say I'm prepared for whatever shitty thing happens next though.

We still haven't found out who tagged my house. No one looks out of the ordinary. No one seems to know anyone who does shitty graffiti for the most part. I've almost forgotten about it to be honest. I've been too busy with Maliah. The best type of busy. I kinda just don't care about it anymore.

I don't care about school or anyone else. My parents are just there. She's my only focus. I know that's probably not something to be proud of entirely, but she's a good girl. A great girl. I'm only burying myself under greatness.

I take a deep breath and turn onto my stomach. I'm so happy its the weekend. I'm so sick of getting up at six in the morning.

"Sleepy?" I heard Maliah ask.

"You're not tired of getting up ass crack early in the morning? Its been three years of that shit. I think I lost more brain cells than doing drugs." I replied.

"Do you wanna talk about the withdrawal period?" She said grimly.

Giving up the drugs and drinking wasn't easy. I never said it was, but I hate whenever the topic comes up. Maybe losing brain cells wasn't the best comparison.

I mumbled, "That wasn't necessary."

"I still think about it ... all the time," She said quietly. "I'm sorry."

"Still get nightmares?"

She sighed a response, "Yeah ..."

"Didn't think they'd last this long. Thought that would've stopped a long time ago."

I looked over to see her settling onto her computer chair. A few strands of her hair are coming out of her bun. She looks a little sad.

She spoke, "I think its because of everything going on between us. Feelings are ... amplified. Guess I'm still scared ... I'm still worried."

I sighed, "Maliah I'm not - I'm not getting back into that shit."

"When you went to Chase's party, are you sure you didn't do anything?"

"I swear on Harry's life," I answered. "He handed me a drink, but I couldn't. Let alone even think about snorting some shit. I told you this."

"Good. I'd kill you."

"I know. I have to go home and get a few things," I said. "Wanna come?"

She smiled, "I really don't feel like walking. You wear my clothes all the time, what's the problem?"