Chapter 5 - Nap time

2020 Edit...

Over the next few weeks Selena and Tom had become quite close. Selena still didn't know why he was so familiar to her, and Toms plan for her had yet to be complete. Though, that changed tonight.

Headmaster Dumbledore had never liked Selena, she was stronger than Harry which made him depressed on a few occasions, and a depressed boy-who-lived is not so easy to manipulate.

A group of students, a mix of all houses, had decided to raid the potion stores and empty the contents in the hall. Despite both Snapes and McGonagalls mention of her helping them in the library Dumbledore still felt it right to punish the young Selena Potter for the crimes of other students. McGonagall shrugged it off as it was 'only Selena' only Snape remains furious.

When Snape returned briefly to his classroom he was met by a student.

"Mr Riddle"
Snape glanced to the door and put up silencing wards and a locking spell, then once again turned to address the male.

"My Lord" Snape bowed slightly.

"Severus, you look more annoyed than usual, what happened?"

Snape explained what happened and as soon as silence fell on the room the sound of the window shattering caused Snape to turn his head to it. Tom/ Lord Voldemort had smashed the window with telekinetic magic, known as a primitive spell.

"That's it! Severus we are moving the plan to tonight. Even if she doesn't come willingly, she will be safer at my home"
With that Tom left the room.

*************************************
Time skip brought by a bag of potatoes

Selena was sat in the dark forest, like usual. It was during dinner so she knew nobody would find her....well almost nobody. Tom was going to find her. Thanks to his first visit, when Lord Voldemort had carried Selena to bed after she fell asleep singing in the forest, Tom knew exactly where she would be. And, just like that time, she was there singing.

Tom was genuinely moved by her singing. He always was.  Once she was finished tom started clapping. This scared Selena so she turned around to face him, once she knew it was him she turned back to face the nearby lake.

"That was beautiful, Selena"

"T..t..thanks"  she said not looking away from the lake

"I heard about what happened with Dumbledore.....are you ok?"

"Of course" her voice shook slightly, but she stayed strong.

After a few minutes of talking Tom told Selena a secret.

"Selena...what would you say...if I told you I could get you away from here? Away from Dumbledore and unloving family and friends?" Selena looked at him, her eyes full of hope. Tom was never the type to say he could do something if he couldn't, he knew his limits, he would wait to say it for a time when he could deliver the promise.

"You...you could?"

"Yes I can and don't worry, Professor Snape can still see you often, I imagine he'd be coming with us to be honest"

Selena was happy, she wanted to leave so badly, but couldn't deny the help that Snape had been to her....he was practically being a father figure to her.

"How?" She looked up at him like a child who had just been offered a whole shop of candy. Which was kinda sad, comparing the 'sad moment' of leaving her 'home' and 'family' to the 'happy moment' of a candy shop and getting the same reaction. But worth it to see her face, in Toms opinion.

"All you have to do is drink this" he held a cup of juice to her, the sleeping potion they made weeks prior was inside it and he wanted to mask the taste, not to hide that it was there but the taste was very VERY bad and often made people sick.

"When you wake up, you won't be here" he finished while she stared at the drink.

"But what about No.." she was about to say Nox, she has a teddy bear called Nox that she always sleeps with, once Snape gave it to her last year the panic attacks she got after her nightmares were easier to handle.

Like I said, she was about to say Nox, but was cut off when Snape entered the clearing.

"Not to worry Selena...I already have your belongings packed, including Nox" Snape reassured her. He was carrying her bag so she believed him.

She nodded and turned back to Tom.
"Ok, can we please go soon?" Selena looked at Tom with pleading eyes.

"We can go right now, drink this and you will wake in your new home" he passed her the juice and she took hold of it.

She looked back between Tom and the drink, then started to drink it. Tom slowly sat up to his knees and scooted closer to her. She finished the drink without being sick then went to place the cup down. However thanks to her efforts in brewing the potion it was fast acting and potent, meaning she fell asleep before she even dropped her arm. As she fell back Tom caught her and cradled her in his arms.

Tom smiled as he looked down at her, her breathing was steady and she appeared to be sleeping deeply.

"Sweet dreams Selena"

Tom placed her head on his left shoulder and bridal carried her over to Snape.
"So Severus, finally time to go, are you ok with leaving?"

Despite his Dark Lord persona Tom Riddle did care about Severus, he didn't want to kill Lily, she was frantic trying to save her son and got in the way of the killing curse he had aimed at Harry. Though surprisingly when Lord Voldemort raised his wand to the two week old baby girl she wasn't nearly as concerned, which shocked both Voldemort and Severus.

"I regret nothing, I know Dumbledore is using my love for Lily to protect Harry, but when he forced Selena into the Tri-wizard tournament last year? Yes it fit with our plans, but it made it clear he cared nothing for her. He should have known I would prioritise Selena over Harry, she is the spit image of Lily and barely has any of Potters genes...just the bad eye sight though she doesn't wear her glasses, my decision is made My Lord....I am Loyal to you and always will be.. and I will protect this child with all of my ability"

Snape made his nobel proclamation which pleased Tom.

"Good. Now....let's take Selena home"

And with that, they left Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry behind.