05.

cells

scientists call
appropriately so,
the unit that holds
our chromosomes,
our DNA
a cell
because you cannot escape
who you are

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since Louis snuck a peek into Harry's journal, he's been itching to look some more. But the thing is, Harry's almost always attached to the journal. Now he only has a few pages and has been begging his mum to buy him a new one, and Louis absolutely has to get his hands on that journal.

Just when Louis' starting to get desperate, Harry's mother answers his prayers.

When Louis is outside with Robin, helping him load up hay onto his truck, Anne comes scurrying out and asks Louis to come inside so they can chat.

Harry's down at the river with some of his siblings, so Louis figures this must be a very private talk.

"Louis, I have something mighty big to ask of you." Anne says as they sit at the dining room table together.

"What is it?"

"Would you mind reading some of Harry's journal when he's not around? I know it's weird and all because it's his personal space, but he's becoming so distant lately. I hardly know what's best for him anymore, and I just really need to know what goes on his head." Anne seems desperate as she pleads to Louis and Louis wants to help her, he really does, but.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but I'm not sure if I could... Harry never leaves the book and I don't think I'm comfortable with invading his things." Louis lies the second part, because he's quite a nosy person and doesn't usually have issues with invading personal space, but alas he wants to seem like he cares just a little.

"I know, I'm sorry," Anne says, looking down at her hands, "I shouldn't have asked. It's just, he used to tell me everything. Now I don't even know what goes on in his head half of the time."

Louis chews on his bottom lip. "Well, if it's really that important to you, I suppose I could try and sneak a peak."

So, that night Louis lies on his bed, silently waiting for Harry to return home from going in town with his father to pick up some things.

When Harry enters their room, he smiles at Louis, shrugs off his jacket and crawls onto Louis' bed and lies next to him. Harry sighs and says, "My back hurts."

Silently, Louis sits up and starts kneading his thumbs into Harry's lower back, trying not to get aroused by Harry's little moan of relief.

Louis massages Harry's back for around a half an hour before Harry passes out cold on the bed. Louis tip toes over to where Harry had lied down his jacket earlier and lifts it up to see his journal sitting under it.

He picks it up and turns it over a few times in his palms. He feels dirty doing this, like he's betraying Harry somehow, but his own mother had asked Louis to.

Louis takes a deep breath before he flips open to a random page and scans it over. It's just random fractures of sentences, none of them finished or making any sense. Louis flips to another random page.

When Harry enters their room, he smiles at Louis, shrugs off his jacket and crawls onto Louis' bed and lies next to him. Harry sighs and says, "My back hurts."

Silently, Louis sits up and starts kneading his thumbs into Harry's lower back, trying not to get aroused by Harry's little moan of relief.

Louis massages Harry's back for around a half an hour before Harry passes out cold on the bed. Louis tip toes over to where Harry had lied down his jacket earlier and lifts it up to see his journal sitting under it.