02.

noon

it's cold by the window
and the clouds keep
taking the sun
so my room isn't light
all the time
but it's noon and it should be
i'm in that buzz
where it's more comfortable to have
my arm straight up in the air
and my foot bouncing
than not
my room isn't light
and my eye sort of hurts
but it's noontime and i'm tired
but still
i think of you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Louis can't help but think how beautiful the farm looks when the sun is just setting. Louis' only been here for a few hours, and he's been sort of rotten about the whole thing.

But as he admired the view of the farm, and all the Styles siblings running around, Louis pushed aside the fact that he didn't want to be here.

Harry's tabby cat, Peaches, waltzes into the room and mewls at Louis.

Louis sighs at the orange cat. "I don't know where Harry is either, bud."

After Harry had helped Louis unpack, he took a journal off of the window seat and left the room.

Louis glances out the window one more time, then stretches out his legs and exits the room. Once downstairs, Anne, Rose, Annabelle, and Beth, the four wives of Mr. Styles, are all sitting at the dining room table cutting vegetables and preparing dishes for supper.

"Hello, Louis," Beth smiles at Louis.

Earlier, Louis had met all the wives and the children, but honestly Louis couldn't remember all eleven children, he only remembers Harry.

"Hello, ladies. Do you by any chance know where Harry has gone?" Louis asks as he leans against the entryway.

"He likes to write in the barn. He might be there." Anne says as she looks up from where she's slicing carrots, and gives Louis a smile.

Louis thanks the women and makes his way outside and towards the large barn that Robin had parked in front of. All the kids trill greetings to Louis as he passes and he gives them all small waves and continues on his trek to the barn.

He opens the large doors silently and looks around. There are about four horses in their stables and stacks and stacks of hay everywhere, but no sign of Harry.

Then, Louis hears humming coming from above him. There's a ladder to his right, so Louis starts to climb up. When he gets to the top, there's another platform. Harry's sitting on top of a hay stack, journal pressed to his side and he tosses down chicken feed and about ten hens are all around him, pecking up their food.

Harry's swinging his feet and humming with a smile on his face. Louis smiles at the sight, then shakes his head. He knows he can't get involved with Harry in any sort of way, it was way too outrageous. It was painfully obvious how strict of a family they were and how much they obeyed every rule of the Bible. There was no way that homosexuality was allowed in the household.

Louis finishes climbing the ladder and clears his throat.

Harry jumps and makes eye contact with Louis. "Oh, hi. How did you find me here?"

"Your mum-or well, one of the wives told me you'd be here." Louis says, and walks across the platform to sit next to Harry.

Harry nods and stares at his feet.  "Why are you really here, Louis?"

Louis bites his lip. He made a promise to Robin that he would in no way tell Harry what he was really here for. He had to stick to the story. "I like to travel and experience new things. This was on my way to London."