"she's fucking amazing"

"humble, pretty, and can throw a punch. where do you come by people like that?" — jackson brown

🚲🚲🚲

The seating order went like this: Eddie, Stan, me, Richie, Beverly and Billy. We sat at the very back of the theatre with our feet on the seats in front of us and our food laid out across our laps. My Docs were discarded on the floor so that I didn't dirty the seat in front of me and we seemed to be the only people in the theatre. We were halfway through the movie already, and my eyes were heavy. I wasn't sure if it was because of all the swimming we had done, or because the movie was just that boring, but I had to catch myself more than once from falling asleep. I couldn't fathom what was so great about some muscly dude running around with guns, but hey, the boys seemed to enjoy it. I, on the other hand, was bored out of my mind, and as I looked across Richie to Beverly, I could tell she was, as well.

"Holy fuck! Did you guys see that?!" Richie screeched, his eyes lighting up like a Christmas tree as he watched the action-packed movie. I turned to him with a raised brow. 

"I don't understand," I muttered to myself before shaking my head and turning back to the screen.

"What's up?" Richie asked, turning his head toward me but refusing to tear his eyes away from the screen.

"Nothing. It's just such a stupid movie."

"Okay, that's a big ass lie." He reached over me to tap Stan's arm, to which the Jewish boy just made a noise of acknowledgement, also refusing to look away from the screen.

"Gracie just called the movie stupid," Richie told him half heartedly.

"Huh?" Stan pointed the chip packet towards Richie, thinking he was tapping him because he wanted chips. "Take the bag."

I sat back in my seat and shook my head. They were all so engrossed with the movie that they weren't even hearing each other talk. I sank further down in my seat and turned my body to the side in an awkward laying position, trying to get as comfortable as possible to sleep. I rested my head against the top of the cushioned seat and let my eyes close.

I was asleep for the rest of the movie and was only woken when I felt a tap on my arm. I groaned and snuggled closer to into the seat, trying to escape the annoying person trying to rouse me. I heard a familiar chuckle through my sleep stupor.

"Wakey wakey eggs 'n bakey!" Richie muttered in my ear, shaking me once more. I swatted his hands away.

"Leave me 'lone," I mumbled, slowly blinking my eyes open. "I'm up, I'm up..."

"As much as I love being your personal headrest, Sweets, I can't feel my arm anymore."

I looked up at Richie and found that, holy shit, he was way closer than he was before I fell asleep. His chin was level with my nose and a few inches closer, our faces would be touching. I moved back quickly, realising with a shocked sort of horror that I had, indeed, used Richie as a headrest and was literally halfway off my own seat because of it. Talk about personal space!

I fixed my twisted clothes and noticed that the others had all started to gather their things. Stan and Eddie were talking animatedly about the movie while Billy and Beverly were muttering to each other in hushed whispers a little ways away, having already gathered their things and were now waiting for us. I cleared my throat and bent down to quickly slide my shoes on and lace them up, avoiding eye contact with the shaggy-haired boy next to me as much as possible. Embarrassment rose in my stomach and flushed my cheeks a rosy red, and I was glad for the dense lighting in the theatre.