'So what's the place of Uncle Ricardo in all this?' I asked him.

'Brilliant question A,  I can tell I'll like you as the days go by,' he said and I smiled.

'Thanks,' I muttered trying to fight back the smile.

'So it's quite way here you see, he wants power. See my uncle is a racist in case you haven't noticed. He hates the black people,'

'What age does your uncle live in man. The president of America was a black.  The era of racism is almost over,' I said.

'Well my uncle still won't like blacks no matter what you say. But the point is, nobody will ever suspect the fact that he will use a black for his plan. So you are part of his plan. Do not ask me what his plans. He will tell us the part we will all play when the time comes. The main thing is that I know he wants to run the whole drug affair in Mexico.'

'That ain't gonna be easy,' I said to him.

'True and that's one of the reasons you're not dead yet.  He would use anything and anyone. But don't count on it yet.  Death is inevitable in this line of work,' he said and I nodded.  What have I got to lose?

'What I am saying is that a massive drug war is going to take place. A fight between drug cartels is about to break out and you about to be caught in the middle,' he said seriously.

'He has people in the force and spies everywhere and he isbstopping at nothing to get what he wants. He will kill you if he senses any resistance. So what do you have to say?'

'He'll kill me if I say no but I wasn't expecting a special treatment. What have I got to lose? So err... I have two questions,' I asked.

'Ask away,' he said as he nodded in approval.

'So what about y'all? Do you accept me as family?' I asked.

'We only just met you and well we will need time,' he said.  Good point though.

'My dad, will I ever get to see him again? Can I see him for the last time before we start all this?'

'I'll ask Uncle,' he said but then again I wasn't his uncle's favorite.

'Err... I don't even know if I should be pleased with that answer,' I said and he chuckled at me.

'Very well, I'll think of something but don't count on it though,' he said standing up from his seat.

'Oh thank you,' I said jumping slightly.

'Yeah let's go and meet the rest in the sitting room,' he said and I nodded with a goofy grin plastered on my face. The thought of seeing my dad excited me again. Even though we weren't on good terms.

Maybe I wasn't meant to live but before I die, I want my dad to know that I love him.

'Ariel so do you want some food?' Carlos asked as he stuffed his face with pizza. My stomach growled in response as I hadn't eaten decent food in days.

I plumed right next to him and started stuffing my face with pizza the way he was doing.

'Didn't your mom teach you how to eat?' Francisco said looking at me with disgust.

'My mom is dead,' I said as I stood up suddenly loosing appetite or maybe I didn't because as I stood up to leave, my stomach dragged me back and I took one more slice before sauntering off to sulk.  At least I'd sulk with a quarter full stomach.

Foolish girl.  Why did you leave

'He was being annoying and you are also being annoying Zurvie so shut it,' I said quite rudely and now the slice I took wasn't appealing anymore. I threw it out and fell face ward on the bed in the room they cleaned out for me and screamed venting all my frustrations on the bed.

'Ariel?' Francisco had come into the room. I saw pity and concern in his eyes. The last thing I wanted right now.

'What do you want?' I said icily.

He came towards the bed, 'I'm sorry,' he said.

'No qualms,' I said hitting my head back on the soft bed again.

'Here's some food,' my ears perked up and I sat up quickly as he grinned cheekily and I groaned as I found out he had nothing.

'I'm sorry.  You haven't eaten anything decent in days and what I said was quite insensitive of me. I know a place where they sell good Mexican food. So what do you say?' he said.

I stood up before he even finished. 'Well what are we waiting for?' I asked as I straightened the top and jeans Arturo had given me.

He smiled.

'Zurvie?' I called out.  'I'm sorry,'

Whatever

                ♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

A/N: So I still find it difficult to curve my finger due to my injury so it was quite difficult to type.

Yeah so did you guys like the educational chapter 😅

So I have this really talented writer as a friend.  She wrote this amazing book called The Beauty and the Dumb. Yeah it's a fantasy novel. Check the story at her profile @omotesseoaiks.