xv. SCREWING THE POOCH NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD

Zacznij od początku

"So?" A voice asked Violet, bringing her back to the present.

"Huh?" She asked.

"Do you want to dance?" Issac asked again. There was a fast paced song playing and mostly everyone was on the dance floor.

"Sure." Violet replied. Isaac extended a hand and led the both of them to dance.

Violet looked around the gymnasium. It looked nice the way they had redone it for the formal, she thought when something caught her eye. Someone had been at the top of the bleachers. Violet could see the tear in the suit from a mile away and knew that Scott McCall had entered the building. Which meant Stiles, Lydia, Allison, and Jackson weren't too far behind.

"Hey, I'm kinda thirsty. I'm gonna go get some punch, okay?" Violet said to Isaac upon catching a glimpse of Stiles by the punch bowl.

Isaac nodded his head and Violet made her way through the crowd of high school students that surrounded her. Stiles looked around aimlessly as Lydia found a table without him. Even though they had arrived together and were supposed to be each other's dates, Lydia didn't want to be seen with Stiles.

"Stiles!" Violet called as she got closer to him. Stiles turned around, catching a glimpse of Violet in her white dress with a beaded collar.

"Vi, you look—" he started.

"Like a bride, I know. I'm assuming Scott told you who chose the dress?" Violet chuckled.

"I was gonna say you look stunning, actually. And no, Scott didn't tell me."

"Oh, well it doesn't matter anyway, thank you though. I'm surprised you were able to get your tie on by yourself."

Stiles chuckled at her comment, "I couldn't." he admitted, "Lydia fixed it for me when I picked her up. Are you here with someone?" He asked, hoping that she would say no.

"I'm here with Isaac. Lahey. He heard a rumor that I went out with him and then the clever little bastard turned it into asking me to the dance. I couldn't say no." Violet said with a sheepish smile as she looked back to see Isaac sitting back down at their table.

"Well, you could've said no." Stiles mumbled, taking a sip of his punch.

"What?" Violet asked.

"Hm? Oh, nothing." Stiles quickly replied.

"Oh. I should get back. Don't wanna leave Issac waiting." Violet said awkwardly, "I'll see you later." She smiled before walking back.

Once Violet was out of ear shot, Stiles smacked himself in the head, "Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why didn't you just ask her out? I'm such a chicken." He mumbled before sitting back down with Lydia, Allison, and Jackson.

✦✧✦

After about five minutes, the whole plan went to hell.

Coach was yelling for Scott while chasing him around the gym, pushing students out of his way during the whole ordeal. Scott shuffled around students until Danny caught his eye. "Danny!" Scott called, "dance with me!"

"No." Danny said flatly.

"Please! Right now!" Scott pled, pulling Danny up out of his spot anyway and putting his hands around Scott's waist as Coach rapidly approached.