vii. WHERE'S WALDO?

Start from the beginning

"Sorry." Stiles mumbled.

Sheriff Stilinski picked up the intercom and responded. "Unit one, copy."

Stiles took a small pile of curly fries and stuffed them into his mouth before offering them to Violet, which she gladly declined as she sipped on her water.

"We got a report of a possible 187." the officer replied over the intercom system.

The pale boy who sat beside his father shot his head up immediately. With a mouth full of curly fries he said, "a murder?" his voice muffled by the fries.

The sheriff sighed before starting the engine of the police car and driving off to the scene of the reported murder.

Upon arrival to the scene, which turned out to be at the video store, an ambulance was parked  out front and Violet saw a very familiar Porsche parked outside as well.

Jackson and Lydia were standing outside the back of the ambulance. Lydia was sitting inside while Jackson looked pissed off as he stood in front of his girlfriend. The sheriff got out of the car and told the two teenagers in the car to stay inside; although it was mostly directed to Stiles.

The two looked on and around the scene and Stiles caught an EMT rolling a gourney out of the video store while his dad talked to Jackson who was visually pissed off and wanted to go home. Stiles's head shot up immediately and he stood up to get out of the car.

"Stiles—!" Violet hissed.

"Oh, woah! Is that a dead body?!" he exclaimed a little too loud, turning Jackson and Sheriff Stilinski's attentions away from their unsavory conversation.

"Shut up!" Violet whispered after she noticed everyone was staring at Stiles and got out of the police vehicle.

"Did you hear what he was saying to my dad?" he asked Violet, who nodded in grim agreement.

While Stilinski told everyone to back away from the scene, the two teenagers cringed back into the car.

How did your night go?

✦✧✦ 

The next morning at school, while everyone arrived together, Stiles and Violet hadn't seen Scott or Allison all day. Coincidence? I think not.

"I saw Allison walking in this morning," Violet told Stiles at the end of the day as she put her items in her locker, "we walked in with my idiot brother, but he hasn't been answering calls or texts all day. I don't have Allison's number so I have no way of reaching her. We could stop by her house if you want—"

"No way!" Stiles cut her off, "her dad is terrifying. And did you forget the part where he tried to kill Scott?"

"He didn't know it was him." Violet tried.

"All the more reason not to go." The boy smiled. "Why don't we go to Lydia's instead? I heard she was out today. Maybe we could go check up on her."

"Was that before or after you fell off the stool in class?" Violet laughed innocently as she closed her locker and began walking away.

"That's not funny, you know?! That's—you don't even care." Stiles muttered before catching up with the chocolate haired girl.

✦✧✦

At Lydia's house, her mother escorted them inside, "Honey there's a Stiles and Violet here to see you."

"What the hell...is a Stiles?" Lydia asked as the pair of teenagers entered the girl's lavish bedroom.