Rise Of Pandora: XXI. Long Journey

Start from the beginning

"That's the person from before," Gaijin muttered, "And look he is wearing something on his body, too. Do you think the people of this time evolved to wear garbs like the gods?"

It is a possibility and if that is true then we must find you clothing as well. Your wings already make you stand out. But it is a good thing that they are tucked, this way they are harder to see if someone is looking at you from the front of your body.

Gaijin agreed by giving a gentle nod. As he was running, he began to fear they would arouse fear within the two who he tried desperately to speak to.

He suddenly yelled out again. "Stop! I am here to help!"

There was too much noise from the rain and the hoard of roaming Deathknights for his voice to carry out far. He grunted in frustration. He looked up and down the forest, trying to collect an idea of where he was and where he was running to.

He looked around very carefully, examining all that he could. He gazed at the few little critters who scampered around the forest and dismissed them soon after. In a moment that could be imagined within a dream, he saw a surge of green and red fires riding from the east. The tumult was incredible.

How did we not recognize this before, he thought to Prometheus angrily. But he still pursued the two of them. Those monsters are coming back!

Gaijin chased after them all while still calling out to them.

Maddard moved along with the soldier, giving no stern protest to his commands. He was trapped within his own mind and left his legs to carry him along in the world. His eyes wandered about the forest.

Scouting for the least perilous route, the dark-haired soldier widened his focus. He scanned the forest for anything that resembled a the person he saw in the black spirals, for he was more difficult to discern than the Deathknights which stood out like lanterns within the dimness of the forest floor. He clutched his swords tightly in the folds of his hands and never let Maddard out of arm's length.

Suddenly the Maddard halted.

"What are you doing!" The soldier screamed. "What did I tell you!"

Following not too far behind, Gaijin watched them beyond the distance, his eyes gauging their panic. He looked away very quickly to view the Deathknights. Some were in his vision but the rest had scattered in different directions.

"Stay close," he commanded Maddard, never taking his eyes off of Gaijin who was approaching them warily.

Maddard battled the overwhelming dolor which forcibly constricted and withdrew every bit of passion from his soul. He grabbed the soldier's arm which was raised in the air, attempting to lower it, finally acting upon his own volition and not allowing his troubled emotions to submerge him back into that empty position where no care or happiness could be found. He held down the man's arm with brewing aggression, pointing his sword down toward the ground. He turned and looked at Maddard as if he had gone mad. Tense, he wanted to strike Maddard but quickly thought against it. He was highly agitated.

"Wait, you! I am still alive because of him," Maddard said angrily. Just talking released a rage within the sorrowful man. Emotionally, his heart was a twisting whirlpool of woeful darkness. He was fed up but, he knew that death was not yet a fate he wanted to meet, and he especially did not wish it upon the one who had saved him. He felt he had owed him for that gracious favor.

He swerved his head back around and gazed at Gaijin. With a slightly altered opinion of him, the soldier lessened his intensity but not his guard. Gaijin approached slowly, his hands down by his sides as to not intimidate them. They both ogled at him. He was like nothing of this world, a foreign kind of beautiful but in a wounded way. Gaijin looked nervous and weary, his eyes dragged by tired skin.