Hello again

I didn't stop walking until I reached my car. I could hear Sean and Nate still walking behind me but I didn't stop for them. Once I finally reached my car I quickly unlocked it and opened the door. I slid into the drivers seat and closed the door after me. My hands gripped the steering wheel as I leaned forward and took deep breaths. I could hear the passenger door open and close, I didn't know who was next to me but I didn't care. My eyes stayed glued to my lap as I took more deep breaths and tried to calm my nerves. A hand gripped my shoulder before his voice filled the car "Y/N are you okay?" I looked over at Nate and slightly nodded. He looked down at me and bit his lip "No you're not okay, stop lying and tell me what's up?" I took another deep breath as I gripped my stomach "I think I'm going to be sick. I can't do this" I lowly whined out. My stomach was turning and my mind was racing. I didn't know why my body reacted this way to seeing Mark but it felt as though I had just seen a ghost. Nate's hand slid down my arm in a comforting way "What's going on Y/N" He asked me in a genuinely concerned voice. I looked up at him, his soft brown eyes looked worried beneath his glasses. I slightly shook my head and sat my forehead back along the steering wheel "Her manager, I know him"-- "How do you know him?" I shrugged to myself a little, it wouldn't kill me to tell. Nate the truth. "He's my ex boyfriend and my ex professor. I'll just say I we didn't make really smart decisions and got ourselves caught up. I did some things for him to be able to keep his job but now he's managing. I just don't understand" I rubbed my hands over my face and lightly groaned. I honestly didn't understand why Mark was here, why he was managing now. Was it fate or some movie bullshit like that? I lightly scoffed "Doubt it" I spoke to myself under my breath. "Well we can go talk to Diana if you really think that you can't handle it" Nate spoke out as he pulled out his phone.

Both of our heads snapped to the side as a bang was heard on my window. We looked over to see Dani standing there. I turned on my car and rolled down the window. Dani gave me a slightly worried look before glancing across the parking lot. I looked over to see Chloe and Mark getting into his car. "We're going to talk to Diana right now. Is it cool if Sean rides with you? His car is back at Felix's apartment" Dani asked before turning and not waiting for my answer. She headed to her car a few spaces down from mine. Nate gave me a slight pat on my shoulder before opening the car door "I'll follow you guys on my bike. Keep that spirit high 'Babe' " He put quotations around the word, making me chuckle. He hopped out of the passenger seat and headed for his motorcycle. I looked at Sean as he walked up to my car slowly. He smiled a comforting smile at me before I spoke "Get in loser we're going shopping" I giggled out, imitating the infamous Regina George. He chuckled a little before walking around the side of my car and hopping into the passenger seat. He looked me up and down as he pulled on his seatbelt "You gonna be okay singer girl? " I looked back at him and nodded "Yeah, especially since I got my lucky charm back" I lightly punched his arm before strapping on my seatbelt. I watched as I saw everybody start to pull off, I followed Felix's car as he pulled off to the exit of the parking lot.

The ride was a little silent as we drove until Sean spoke up "Soo, have you spoken to your dad lately?" He asked a little unsure. I scoffed a little "Haven't spoken to him since my mother's funeral. I Don't have a reason to and it won't fix anything" I said back blankly. I could hear Sean shift in his seat before he spoke again "You don't know that Y/N. Maybe if you just give him another chance" I glanced over at him and rolled my eyes "Sean trust me I know it won't fix things. Every time I've spoken to him since he left I've always ended up in an angry mood. Now can we just drop that topic" I spoke back slightly annoyed. I wasn't mad at Sean, just bringing up my dad makes me upset. "I know that's what you want to think Y/N but trust me after almost losing my mom I learned that family is all we have. I was just trying to... "-- "Sean I know what you were Trying to do. I just don't want to talk about it alright, it's over" I cut him off mid sentence. I slightly gripped the steering wheel tighter as a small wave of anger swept through my body. His hand landed on my thigh and lightly rubbed it "I'm sorry Y/N, I don't want you any more stressed than you are now. I'm on your side of things remember?" He spoke out softly. I slowly nodded as I took a small breath "Yeah I know that lucky I'm just not ready yet. Plus you guys are my family too" I said back as my eyes stayed focused on the road. His hand stayed on my thigh the rest of the way but I didn't care, it comforted me and to be honest I haven't had any real contact since Mark. I mean Yeah Nate and I kissed and hugged in public but at the end of the day we were just friends and never saw each other any other way. I turned up the radio as we drove along the road.