Because of Her

Lucy ran to her apartment with tears in her eyes. She didn't want to see that pink-haired idiot anymore. Right after he yelled at her, she decided that she would leave Fairy Tail and go train.

Natsu's words filled her head.

'Lisanna's right, you are weak!'  She knew she was weak, that's why she needed to go train. The moment Natsu had yelled those things at her, her whole world shattered like glass.

Natsu, the person that brought her to Fairy Tail.

Natsu, the person who formed a team with her.

Natsu, the person who saved her countless times.

Natsu, the person she looked up to and admired.

Natsu, the person who was her best friend.

Natsu, the person she loved.

Natsu, the person who broke her heart.

Natsu, the person she hates the most.

Lucy realized the sad reality.

Natsu had agreed with Lisanna that she was weak.

Natsu had yelled at her to "protect" Lisanna.

Everything was for Lisanna, his childhood, and best friend.

Lucy broke down into sobs. She walked to her desk a quickly wrote letters to all her friends, except for him, and her. Lucy called out Virgo, to dig her back to the guild. Lucy was aware that Natsu was on his way to apologize, but she didn't care about him anymore. Sure she had read tons of books like this, and she had always found it cheesy when the protagonists left letters. Yet, here she was writing her own letters. She felt as though she was in one of the novels she had read, but unlike them, she had no happy ending.

As Lucy arrived at the guild, she saw everyone (except Lisanna) giving her a sympathetic look. She walked to master's office, and the door shut with a 'BANG!'

Lucy had explained the situation to the master, and that she will be off training who knows where. She promised him, that she would return. Master reluctantly agreed, and removed her mark.

When she got out of the office, everyone ran up to her, and gave her a hug with tears in their eyes. She handed out the letters, and made her way to the train station.

Natsu ran full speed to Lucy's apartment. When he finally made it, he looked around, and she was not there. He followed her scent which lead back to the guild. He kicked open the guild doors to find everyone (except Lisanna), reading some letter with tears in their eyes. In his opinion, Lisanna looked happier than usual. He decided to ask everyone what happened.

"Hey ice-princess, what happened? Why is everyone crying?" Gray did not answer. Instead he punched Natsu on his cheek with such force and aggression that Natsu was sent flying across the guild, into the wall. Lisanna rushed to his side, helping him stand up.

"Natsu, are you alright?" She asked him, trying to be cute and innocent.

"Yeah..." He replied, getting up. He shook off her arm around him, and looked around the once lively Fairy Tail.

"Can anyone tell me what happened?!" He yelled. No one responded, for Natsu Dragneel was hated at the moment. After a moment of silence, Lisanna spoke.

"Well Natsu, apparently that weak and useless bitch Lucy has left us to go train. She may train for as long as she pleases, but I doubt that slut will get any stronger. She's just my replacement anyways, so you don't have to worry about her anymore. I'm back now, remember?" Lisanna said happily. As soon as those words left her mouth, Mira walked up to her sister, and slapped her. The impact left a red handprint on her cheek.

Natsu dashed out the guild to the train station. When he got there, he tracked her scent, and found her staring out the window of a train ready to depart. He ran after the train from the side area.

"Lucy, come back! I'm sorry I yelled at you, I'm sorry!" He yelled and pleaded. Lucy didn't even bother looking at him, but when she did, he saw it in her eyes. Her eyes once bright, and full of life were now cold, and dull. She whispered out four words that caused his heart to stop. After she said those words, the train left the station, and by the time Natsu looked up, the train had disappeared from sight.

Natsu fell to his knees, with tears streaming down his face. He didn't know that four words, had such a great impact on him.

"I hate you, Natsu."

And then she vanished, just like his foster-father Igneel. He was unable to stop her, as he fell onto his knees.

~ Let me know what you think of the story so far in the comment section!

                                                                                                               XOXO~ Mia ~