She accepted his silent answer. But still looked confused.
She slowly nibbled on her bottom lip and those eyes filled with sincerity and need lifted to his.

"What...what is a bitch?" he stiffened with the question.

He lifted his palm to her cheek. Mesmerized by her innocence and naivete...
"It's a mean and nasty word. But that's, not You," he assured her.

She lowered her head. "Then why did she call me it?"

He sighed. "That's just Miranda. Ignore her."

******

His muscles strained, and Koda prowled far too close to the surface for his liking. The stress of keeping the chaos in his home in check was unnerving. After warning Miranda that she has 1 strike against her for bothering Hannah, the she-wolf made it abundantly clear that she will never accept Hannah as the new Luna if it came to him completing the bond.

And Hannah made it no easier for him. She above all else, whether he wanted to admit it or not; had to be protected. He needed to be on his toes with her. She was impulsive, inquisitive, and so unpredictable he never knew what she was going to do next. Just the idea of her being alone in his room worried him. It's all he needed right now is for her to get into some kind of mischief.

He shook his head as Koda sported a Cheshire cat smile at the thought.

And now this...

The incessant chatter now bothered him.

He turned to the wolves behind him and growled. Each of them quieted down to mere whispers. They had come to him in droves with their worries and concerns after finding yet the body of another wolf. But this time he was from a neighboring pack, The Redridge Pack; completely drained of blood and dumped on his land.

It was a sign. Whoever did this was trying to dredge up confusion between the packs. Something to start a war. He needed to get a hold of the other Alphas. Now more than ever they needed to stand together.

This had Dante's name written all over it. Whether the vampire would admit to it or not, someone from his coven is out creating mischief either for him or without his consent. Either way, he needed to protect his pack.

That was his duty as an Alpha. One of many.
"You've made your concerns clear," Maddox growled. His gaze landed on those before him. 

"But the rules have been set for a reason."

"Even if those bloodsuckers don't follow them?" Bailey, a younger wolf stepped forward.
"We're wolves. We're powerful."

Rumbles came from the other wolves in the back that agreed with him.

"That's enough," he growled in his alpha voice.
"Yes, we are wolves. Not uncivilized, savage dogs."

"Its what they want. For us to lose control and turn on each other."

They remained quiet.

"Now as I said earlier." he began. "We will enhance security and reinforce patrol."

"And we will start a curfew until this is all resolved."
The slight murmurs began.
"Unless you submissive ones prefer to take over the watch, I suggest you hold back on the attitude," Brody stepped forward.

"Curfew will be effective immediately," Maddox said.

"No one walks the forest alone. And after 9, no one leaves the grounds," he warned.

"Am I clear?"

They lowered their heads. Every pack had them. Your submissive and your dominant wolves. Those that spoke their minds and those that preferred to stay quiet.

Satisfied, he dismissed them all.

Turning around he began straightening out some papers on his desk. The slight knock at his door had him answering the familiar scent of Nikki before turning around to face her.

"What's up?" he said stacking some folders.

"Nothing I just came to see if Hanna is with you," she said softly walking into his office.

He paused with a frown. "She is in my room. Its where I left her before the meeting." he turned to face her as a frown formed on her face.

"No. She isn't in there."

"Damn it! I told her to stay put," he turned and walked off out of the office. Just as he made it passed the living room he sees another pack member entering.

"Liam, have you seen Hanna?" he flared his nose drawing in her faint scent and slowly getting angry as that meant she had been gone for a while.

"Uh, yeah she was leaving towards the forest with Miranda, Hope, and Darla," he said.

"Shit!" He cursed.

"Is everything alright Alpha?" Liam asked with concern.

He said nothing as he furiously turned around and walked off.
"Greg, get your men to the forest, track down Miranda," he mind-linked.

They made it through the balcony doors and towards the last step when he saw the three she-wolves approaching.

"Where the hell have you been?" he growled furiously walking towards them. The laughs died down around them as they saw him approach and immediately, Hope and Darla stumbled back.

He stalked over to Miranda until they were inches apart.
"Where is Hanna?" he shook with rage.

Miranda rolled her eyes; looking away.
"Don't worry, your precious mate is by the lake," she shrugged.

In fluid motion, his large unforgiving fingers were wrapped around her throat and she was pulled close until their noses practically touched.

"Why the fück did you leave her out there alone?" his Alpha voice booms across the yard stopping those nearby to watch their Alpha question her.

The look of hatred in her eyes is masked immediately with fear as he tightens his grip. "If she is harmed in any way, you're gonna regret ever being born."

He shoves her aside and silently orders the men to follow him. They made it midway in and suddenly her piercing scream is heard in the distance. 

"Hanna," he gasped.

In no time, he broke off into a run as he growled and his wolf bursts to the surface. With an enraged roar, he eats up loose dirt with his claws as they pound the ground.

His mind frantically links with the other wolves; ordering them to search the perimeter and find her.

His chest heaves as he dashes through forage and shrubs taking short cuts towards the lake until finally, her scent hits him.

Nothing but heartstopping fear is what he smells and the unfamiliar scent of someone else.

When he clears the final shrub to the clearing near the lake, he slides to a halt and at the distance, he sees a black and gray wolf ready to launch at Hanna.

And he sees red.

*****
Here we go My peeps