chapter 6

Cami's POV:

I was extremely excited to see Kj in person after ending things with Ian. I had called Kj last night following my awkward breakup with Ian. Although, we wouldn't be alone. We were having a cast dinner for Roberto's birthday, and it was a surprise. The group chat was going off on my phone as I finished applying my makeup for the day.
Group chat: Riverdale
Lili: Let's plan to meet at the Restaurant around 6, Roberto will get there at 6:30
Madelaine: Sounds good
Cole: what should I get him
Kj: ???
Cole: as a present I mean
Madelaine: I got him a gift card...
Kj: Oh I got him a watch
Casey: I'm going out now to get something
The texts continued to flow in as I brushed out my hair. I began curling it when I saw another text pop up on my phone screen.
Kj: Can I pick you up at 5:30?
My heart skipped a beat as I read the text from my boyfriend. I just thought about how incredibly hot he was going to look later tonight. I replied:
Yeah that's great❤️
Kj: See you then babe
Wow, what a charmer. I decided that I should get a present for Roberto and then quickly returned to my apartment to finish getting myself ready. It was already past 4:30 once I had entered my room. I picked out my outfit which consisted of: a teal colored short dress, black faux leather jacket, and black heels. I grabbed my black purse to match and headed out the door to wait for Kj to arrive.
Kj arrived a few minutes past 5:30, which I expected as he was hardly ever on time. Once he saw me waiting outside he ran around to the other side and threw the door open for me.
"Thank you baby." I said smiling. He grinned back at me and shut the door once I was in.
"So how's my girl?" He asked, and grabbed my hand as we backed out.
"Only dying to see you." I replied. He laughed.
"Me too aye."
"So not everyone knows about us..." I said and trailed off.
"Well, Lili, Cole, Madelaine and obviously Charles do." I continued.
"We can tell the rest of them." He said with a smirk.
//
Since Kj was slightly late, we arrived last to the group. Everyone was there except for Roberto as we had planned earlier. Lili, Cole, Asha, Ashleigh, Hayley, Madelaine, Casey, Charles, Marisol, Madchen, Luke, Mark, Nathalie, and Skeet awaited us in the entry way of the restaurant. Kj held the door open for me and I walked ahead of him to approach our cast.
"Would you look who it is." Skeet said with a grin.
"So when were you gonna tell us you two are a thing?" Luke questioned.
"We kind of figured you two came together and so we warned them you guys are together." Lili explained. Kj placed his hand on my back and I looked back at him and smiled.
"Yeah Cami and I are official." He said nervously. Our cast mates all hugged us and told us how happy they were for us. We all headed over to our large table and saved Roberto a seat at the head of the table. Kj and I took seats beside each other and on my other side was Lili. I turned to Kj and said,
"I'm really really happy."
"I've just been waiting for my chance, beautiful." He said and we kissed.
"You too cut it out we're about to eat." Cole said. We all laughed at that.
//
Roberto arrived and was very surprised.
"Damn. I have the best cast!" He said.
"Hey Roberto wanna hear something?" Kj spoke up once Roberto was seated.
"These two are together!" A few people shouted.
"No way!" He replied.
"Yeah Archie and Veronica, in real life." I said and kissed KJ's cheek. Roberto beamed, along with the our other adult mentors. Roberto pulled out his phone and snapped a photo of all of us together at the table and then a picture of just Kj and I. He posted the photos with the caption: @robertoRAS, Two birthday surprises - The best cast in the entire world surprised me for dinner, and Archie & Veronica came to life right before my eyes.