18

EIGHTEEN

“Sir, we have a visual.”

The man swerved around in his chair, facing the computer monitor. He rubbed his hands in delight as the subject popped on the screen. That girl has taken away his most prized possession, so he took away hers.

He watched her get carried away by that silly boy from next door into her window. She was being cradled like a baby, and she let him. She has become weak, like he was waiting for months for her to.

“What should we do Sir?” asked one of his mindless associates.

He sighed heavily. “We wait.”

The associate nodded, and left his side. He focused his attention on the boy. The boy was doing well, just as he suspected. He knew this would happen, he predicted it, he even bet on it. One of his associates owes him fifty bucks.

He watched the boy climb back out if her window, and shut it gently. The boy lingered there, and he saw a smile spread on the boy’s face. The boy then left the camera’s view, and was gone. He knew where he went.

The man pushed a button on his desk, and spoke into a mike, “Bring them in.”

As the doors flew open, he heard yelling and the struggle of his victims. This brought a smile to his lips.

“Welcome, Margret and Lucas Stone.”

He spun around in his chair to face his prisoners. They recently had a beating.

Margret had her hands tied behind her back, like her husband, and had blood dripping from the corner of her mouth. Lucas on the other hand, had a black eye and his mouth tapped shut, after he tried to bite one of his workers. The Stone’s always made his life miserable.

“What do you want?” Margret shouted.

The man made an tsk tsk sound. “Now now, Margret, I just thought you would like to see your daughter, before we take her in.” he laughed.

Margret glared at him. This made him smile.

The man got out of his seat and grasped Margret’s chin. She tried to shake him out of his grasp. He could sense Lucas trying to help his wife.

“Such a pity, you couldn’t celebrate her birthday. If only you had agreed to work for us”

“We will never work for you.” Margret spat.

“Shame.” He shoved Margret’s face away and walked over to Lucas. He crouched down on one knee, to stare into his eyes.

“She is your only daughter yes?”

Lucas nodded.

The man smiled, “Too bad you won’t have one any longer.”

Before he could react, Lucas brought his knee up to his face. The man took the blow.

After he wiped his chin from a little dribble that came out of his mouth, he looked at Lucas. “You shouldn’t have done that.” He signaled his workers.

They took Lucas’ arms while another punched him in the stomach rapidly. Margret started to scream them to stop, and after a while, the man had enough.

“Take him away.”

“NO!” Margret yelled.

His men dragged Lucas away, leaving his wife restless.

“You are a horrible man, Dr. Stuns.”

He loved the sound of that.

“Why thank you, my dear.”

He heard someone approach. Dr. Stuns smiled, for he knew who it is.

“Great work agent. She doesn’t even know.”

Dr. Stuns turned toward his undercover agent, and saw him hiding in the shadows.

“I am impressed with your work,” Dr. Stuns continued, “the girl seems to be really attached to you, but, there is another, is there?”

His agent said nothing.

“Use this other boy to lure her out. Its time for you to set the trap.” He laughed at the dream of catching her.

“It is time to bring Maegan Stone down. Now, why don’t you stop hiding in the shadows and face me like a real man.”

His agent stepped forward, and revealed himself. Yes, Dr. Stuns will finally take his revenge, and finally get to pursue his dream:

To take over the world, and make Maegan Stone his own.

And if she refuses, he could always kill her.