Yuki

Two months have only passed and we've started to see Yuki less and less... Izaya's getting more ill too... I thought the only person I'd get attached to was Izaya, I've grown attached to Yuki as well. Like... She's my own daughter or something-
"Shizu?... Shizu?" I jumped out my thoughts to see Izaya weakly waving his hand in front of my face, I sighed
"sorry, lost in thought. I'm going out for a smoke..." I stood and left the room, I could feel Izaya's eyes on me the whole time. The same feeling I felt when I walked the streets to soon find him messing around like usual, he never changed. I walked past a familiar room that had to be clearly a kids room with all the drawings stuck on the outside of door, it was opened halfway so I looked in as I passed. I stopped and stared in. Yuki... It was Yuki's room... She looks worse than Izaya and... I didn't know so many wires can be connected to a single person at once...
"We're trying our best to keep her alive... It's hard without the money... I feel sorry for Yuki the most as she has no one to even care for her, she's only got us nurses and doctors now..." The nurse said stood next to me, she looked so sad staring in at Yuki. But what could I do? Only the same... Stare at the poor child and feel sorry for her. The money I get from work is barely enough to afford it and I can't ask Kasuke to lend me some..... I guess.... There's nothing I can do... I turn and head outside.

After what felt like an hour or so I went back to Izaya's room, passing Yuki's once again... I unconsciously looked into her room. I was stunned. Izaya was in there in his wheelchair, Yuki sat up on the bed smiling happily at him
"Izaya?... Shouldn't you be in bed?...."
He turned and looked at me
"Shizu... Ah... I should be but what're you gonna do about me being out of it now that I am?" he pulled that familiar cocky smirk I hate- I sighed. It's not the same cocky smirk. His face is too thin and pale for it to be his own, he'll never go back to being the same and Ikebukuro will finally find the peace it's looking for...

Izayas POV
Shizu was right, I should be in my own bed... I felt like my body weighed eighty stone, I was tired and dizzy too. This isn't me... I was light on my feet, energetic and always active, now I can't even sit up without Shizu's or a nurses help... "Izaya we need to get you back to bed." Shizu sighed at me, it wasn't just an annoyed sigh anymore. He sounded tired and sad... Like he knew there was no reason to get angry at me as there was nothing to do if he was.
"I can't. I'm waiting for someone important" I told Shizu, he finally had a different expression on his face. Confusion.
"Who? What're you waiting for?"
"It's a surprise. You have to wait. In the mean time go get yourself some lunch, I'll meet you back in here afterwards" I tried to smile despite being so tired, does it really take this much effort just to smile? It felt more like I was trying to lift weights attached to my cheeks, if that's even possible. Shizu gave me a strange look but left slowly, he hesitated at first, clearly worried about me like always. And soon he'll be happy again but this time it won't be me making him happy...

___________________________

It's released!! Finally!! Gosh! I've been so busy and not had the time go release/finish this chapter in a while! I'm so sorry everyone!! I have no idea when I'll be releasing the next but I hope it'll be soon! (I'm going to be extra busy this time of the year as I'm finally finishing college and moving too uni! (hopefully lol) We'll good luck with everyone who have upcoming exams and such!! You can do it!! I wish everyone the best!!

Thanks for reading! ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ