10~Breaking Ice with Fire

∞ Nyx's POV ∞

∞ Nyx's POV ∞

I felt uneasy and exposed as the two pirates suddenly stepped into the cabin, startling me. I couldn't help but feel self-conscious as I stood by the window, topless and feeling vulnerable. The pirates looked different than Maren or Ace, their appearances more fitting of the stereotypical pirate. I couldn't shake the fear that they were here to deliver me to slavery or something worse.

The first pirate had a ghoulish appearance, with messy long hair that went in every possible direction, a beard far from groomed, and eyes that seemed to glare at everything around him. To my relief, when he came in, he stopped for a second to look at me, then looked away and never looked again.

The second pirate, on the other hand, had a skinny build, long pale face, and straight brown hair. He kept glaring at me from the moment he saw me, making me feel even more uncomfortable.

They moved around the cabin, changing the bed sheets, filling the lamps, and wiping down various surfaces. The larger pirate replaced the bucket and chamber pot with clean ones, while the other pirate moved about while keeping his eyes on me the entire time. He was so creepy and made me feel uneasy.

None of them spoke to me, and I returned the favor, not wanting to engage with them. When they finished, the larger pirate carried the bucket and dirty sheets and headed out, while the creepy one just stood there in the middle of the cabin, staring at me. I couldn't wait for them to leave so I could have some peace and privacy.

It was strange and uncomfortable when the other person turned around and said to his friend, "Ken, let's go." Ken walked a few steps back and gave me a sly grin before leaving. I felt a sense of relief once they were gone.

For the rest of the day, I spent my time observing the waves and the sky through the window. I could hear various sounds, including people moving, talking, and laughing. Occasionally, I would hear Agenor giving commands, which made me feel uneasy.

With a sigh, I continued to watch the waves. It appeared that tonight would bring strong winds and possibly a storm by the following day.

∞ Agenor's POV ∞

The day passed without incident. Everyone diligently performed their duties and avoided interacting with me, likely still shaken by the previous day's events. Though I didn't intend for them to be so cautious around me, I took a certain satisfaction in it.

I occasionally licked my lips, savoring the remnants of yesterday's sweetness. I wondered what Nyx, who was currently locked in my cabin, was thinking or doing. I knew the chain would prevent him from causing any harm, but the memory of his attempted suicide in front of me lingered.

Despite his dire circumstances, Nyx retained his fierce pride and arrogance, a trait that I found intriguing. I doubted I would ever see that look again, and I smirked at the thought of such a proud man being brought low by a simple chain and collar.