Nick Valentine X Secretary (Clover)

Start from the beginning

She watched him a small smile, forming at his words she loved that about him, always wanting to help and take care of the problem. The thought of telling him what's going on crossed her mind again, but she quickly dismissed it, "Sounds dangerous." Clover muttered, taking a seat at her desk she pulled out a blank piece of paper. Last night, she wrote a letter to Nick explaining everything and how sorry she was, even writing about her feelings. Tonight, she was going to write to her family. She knew her fate was sealed. There was nothing she could do, and it pained her.

Nick stared at Clover she looked at the paper in front of her, lost in her thoughts. He knew her well enough that she was struggling with something, but she was too damn stubborn to ask for help. He sat in the chair across from her she didn't notice he was staring, "Clover," She froze hearing her full name come out of his mouth she loved the way it rolled off his tongue but she knew it meant something serious. Every other time, he would say Clo or smarty when he's being playful, "I know something is going on. You don't have to tell me, but if you're in trouble with the mayor, maybe I can help with that."

She rubbed her tongue against the backside of her teeth, keeping her mouth shut she smiled tightly at him, "He was just checking in. I promise everything is fine you don't have to worry about me."

He knew she was putting on a front, times like these he wished she would just come out with it but he loved her personality all the same. Good thing he is a detective. After all, if she won't come out with it, then the next person to question is the mayor himself.

"I will worry about you. You're a great friend of mine and one hell of a secretary," She cracked a smile at him, "But if you say nothing is wrong then it's dismissed but you can always talk to me." He stood placing his hand on hers. A shiver coursed through her body from his cold metal hand.

"Thank you, Nick." She was happy that he cared for her, but the term friend did disappoint her a little. She wanted something more, and when he does find out in the letter, it would be too late.

Nick slipped his jacket back on then lit up another cigarette placing it in his mouth he took a long draw on the end of it glowing amber, "I hope you don't mind but I'm going to step out for a bit talk to Nora if she's still around."

"Okay, be safe." She waved goodbye. When the door closed behind him, she sighed heavily, picking up her pencil she started on a letter to her family. She didn't know what was going to happen with Mayor Luca he could lock her away and she would never be able to see anyone again or maybe he would let her continue working for Nick and still live a somewhat normal life. She pushed all thoughts aside and focused on her letter.

____

"Nick? What are you doing?" Nora questions him, catching up to him as he continued his walk to the mayor's office.

He paused, letting her catch up to him, "Trying to solve something."

"Need some help? I could use some trouble." She laughed, and he cracked a smile with a nod.

"Let's go." He dropped his cigarette heading to the mayor's office with Nora beside him.

Geneva glanced at the two, "It's late. The mayor is not receiving visits right now."

"It's important." Nick persuaded her.

She sighed, getting out of her chair she opened the door to the mayor's office, "Nick Valentine is here, sir."

"What are you telling me for?! Get him to leave!" The mayor ordered.

Nick forced himself into the room with Nora right behind him, glaring at Geneva, almost daring her to try something she slowly walked away, returning to her desk.