Chapter 1

I ran, ran for my life. My drunken father chasing me with a knife and beer bottle in his hand.

"GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT!" He yelled increasing in his speed.

"NO!" I screamed sobbing as I ran.

He threw the beer bottle and it exploded inches from my feet sending glass into my legs. ran faster and came across and alleyway. I turned into it and hid behind bags of garbage as my dad passed me. I quickly pulled out the glass shards and bit my lip to keep the screams in as I did. I quickly ran out of the alleyway before someone got me and I ran my way to the SCPD. I pushed through the doors sobbing and everyone stopped what they were doing to look at me. 

"Who's the kid?" One of the officers asked.

I heard movement outside and saw my father there looking at me through the window. My eyes widened as he smashed something on the ground. I screamed and broke into heavier sobs. One of the officers pulled me away from my window and stood infront of me protectively. My father pushed through the doors of the building and officers pointed their guns to him. 

"GIVE ME MY KID!" Father screamed threatening to throw the knife.

"Sir put the knife down." The officer infront of me said sternly.

Father shot the man a glare then threw the knife into his head. Blood splashed onto my face as I screamed. The man fell forwards and other officers forced me behind them.

"GIVE ME MY DAUGHTER!!" Father screamed louder. 

One of the officers put a hand on my shoulder and looked to me with sorrow. My eyes widened, he was actually going to give me to that freak.

"No, no." I mumbled trying to run away.

He grabbed my arm and started walking towards my father.

"NO PLEASE!" I screamed struggling to get my hand free.

"PLEASE, NO!" I screamed louder.

The officers looked to me with pity when a older guy stepped out from his office.

"WHAT THE HELL I GOING ON!" He shouted.

The man gripping my arm held me tighter and my father looked to me like a mad man.

"LET THE GIRL GO!" The man yelled.

The guy let go of my arm and I ran back to the guy defending me.

"GIVE ME MY DAUGHTER!!" Father screamed louder pissed.

"GO AWAY!" I shouted in fear.

The man stood infront of me protectively.

"Sir I'm putting you under arrest for the murder of a cop and child abuse." The man said.

My father growled in anger. He took the cops gun and aimed it at his head. He looked to me with pleading eyes as if a small drop of sanity was left in him.

"I'm sorry baby doll, I love you." He said looking to me.

I shivered in fear as he closed his eyes.

"HEY NO!" The officer yelled going to get his gun.

But it was to late, the gun dropped to the ground and I watched the life leave my father's eyes as he dropped to the ground next to the gun, dead. I screamed and dropped to my knees sobbing.

The next day 

I walked into the main room to the orphanage with my bags. I was getting adopted today. I opened the door and froze, I looked at my now parents wide eyed. I'm getting adopted by the mayor. A smile spread on his lips and one spread to mine as well.