Chapter 17

I woke up to my damn alarm at 6:47am. I looked out my window and saw it was snowing...like a lot. OH SHIT! I quickly jumped out of bed and ran to my closet. I grabbed leggings and a hoodie and quickly threw them on I put socks on and in the process fell over waking up the whole damn world.

"Jenna? What was that?" Oliver asked outside my door.

"I just fell." I said slipping my tennis shoes on. 

I quickly combed out my hair and put it in a ponytail. I grabbed my present for Wally and bolted downstairs.

"Have fun Jenna."Thea said with a smile.

"I will." I said walking out the door. 

I opened the garage and grabbed my bike then drove down the street towards the cave enterance.

_________________

We all stood around waiting for Wally to arrive. Flash turned the lights off and the cave announced Wally's arrival. We waited for footsteps and when they sounded we all got ready.

"SURPRISE!" We all shouted as the lights came on again.

"What? Oh, you guys, you shouldn't have." Wally said in a high pitched tone.

The bastard knew about the surprise party.

"Right, not like you've been hinting for days or anything." Dick said with a scoff.

"I made two cakes."M'gann exclaimed motioning to the table of food.

"Awesome what will you guys eat?" Wally asked with a big smile.

"We'll split the cupcake." I said folding my arms.

"Make a wish." M'gann said with a smile.

"Way ahead of you." Wally said before blowing out his candles.

We all clapped. I M'gann cut one of the cakes and made sure everyone got a piece. 

Dick and I cut a piece to give to Zatanna.

"You settling in ok?" Dick asked handing her the plate.

"Oh yeah. Just "like home"" Zatanna said sarcastically.

"Hey I know this is all knew and very intimidating. I was in your shoes not to long ago. But I promise you someday you'll get use to watching Wally eat." I said as you could hear Wally chomping in the background.

Artemis approached us.

 "Think we should tell him?" She asked looking to Wally.

Dick and I raised a brow and looked to each other then Wally.

"You're getting warmer, babe." Wally said with a smile.

OH MY GOD WALLY LIKES M'GANN! HOW BLIND AM I! But M'gann likes Superboy. UGH!!!!!!!!!! 

"He is the only one who doesn't know." Dick said with a sigh.

"Yeah but on his birthday.." I said looking down.

"Allow me." Artemis said stepping towards Wally.

Artemis told Wally.

"I feel bad for him." I said looking to Dick.

"Eh he'll move on." He said wrapping his arm around me.

"Attention team. Suit up. Polar stealth. Mission briefing in five." Batman announced over the speakers.

_____________-

I walked into the room in my costume. 

"Where's flash?" Wally asked.

"Flash and Red Tornado already have their assignments." Batman said sternly.

I took my stop and Batman eyes me over the screen.

"A little late here are we Shadow." Batman said.

"Yeah well not all of us have the easiest costumes in the world to put on." I said folding my arms.

_________________

So basically I'll let you skip all the boring details. We have to stop giant flying ice fortresses in the sky. But we get to work with the Justice Leauge! Yeah but poor Wally doesn't get to go. I'm currently in Superboy's bicycle thing with Robin and Aqualad. We're flying off to an ice fortress. We landed 5 minutes later and here we are now. I'm basically the only kid here not fighting with their mentor but Dick insisted I fight with him to make sure I stay safe so basically that's what I've been doing. Dick and I have blown up about 3 cannons firing at us now. I'm currently drawing a cannons fire while Dick goes and blows it up Batman and the two fish boys are working on blowing up the ship while we destroy the cannons which there are two left. I dodged shots here and there.

"Dick hurry up I can't keep this up forever!" I shouted barely dodging a blast. 

"I'm going just keep it up." Dick said blowing up one of the cannons.

I spun around and yelped as part of the beam hit my arm. I cried out and dodged the next shot.

"I'm almost done!" Dick shouted setting off the last explosive.

The cannon was destroyed. I let out a huff and clutched my arm. Dick ran over to me with worry on his face.

"You okay?" He asked grabbing my arm and examining it.

"Eh...I'll live." I said with a small smile as the fortress started sinking to the ground. 

My eyes widened and Dick grabbed onto me as we were lifted slightly into the air. I saw the car pull up under us and once we were in we took off back towards the cave with everyone. 

_______________

We arrived back to the cave and I hit up the medical room right away to stitch up my arm. After I did that I found out Wally was back. I ran up to him a squished him in a hug.

"DUDE! YOU SAVED A WHOLE COUNTRY!" I shouted pulling away with a smile.

"What can I say? I'm the man." Wally said with a smile.

"Oh get over yourself." I said with a laugh rolling my eyes.

"Happy birthday idiot." I said walking out of the cave.