"That's 'cause you hate anyone of my gender touching you." I snap, but turn back to the chunk of handsomeness in front of me. Jay, whom was one of my first friends since I came to Chevelry, seemed to blush.

"How's it going?" He greets, grinning from ear to ear. "Looking good as always."

"Oh you know," I pop my hip out. "It's the Latino thing."

"Certainly." He nods. "But really, you okay?"

I furrow my brows slightly. "Yeah, shouldn't I?"

"No no, just that I've heard you've been harassed by some dude."

"Oh?" Then Dipshit come to mind. "Oh."

Jay nods. "Yup, so point me to the bastard and I can let my fists do their magic."

I smile genuinely at him, my chest warming. "Thanks, but it's okay. I can handle him."

"Oh I don't doubt you. Just assisting if you ever need it."

"I'll let you know." I chuckle giving him another hug. "Hey, we need to hang out some time."

"Can I join?" Nove cuts in, turning his head slightly. "Or will I be the third wheel?"

Jay punches him slightly. I forgot, those two used to hang out with this kid called Xevi.

"You're always welcome, man."

Jay was also the one to quickly accept Nove when he came out, at least that's what Nove told me. He also said something along the line that it was a damn shame Jay wasn't on his side of the fence...

"I feel so awfully special. Now, if you excuse me. I'll be too busy stuffing myself with thirty pounds worth of carbs." Nove sashayed away.

"Hey, get me some too!" I yelled as he strode off.

"Will do!" He waved.

I stepped out do the queue with Jay and we quickly caught up with normal banter and whatnot.

"It was a damn shame my parents didn't have time for that dinner some time ago."

My eyes widened, remembering. "Yeah, why so, by the way? I actually looked forward to it."

Jay scratched the back of his neck. "I don't know, they had work."

I nodded, letting the past go. "Anyway,-" I paused a bit.

Right behind Jay was Awlon, sitting alone at the table in the back by the wall. He had a simple brown bag, one you got from bakeries, in front him along with a book he seemed to be reading. He was such a pathetic sight I would feel bad for him. But his words echoed still in my head, and I shook away the guilt, replacing it with anger.

Which I will turn into plastic kindness real soon.

"Excuse me, Jay." I look back apologetically. "Save me a seat, would you? And make sure Nove doesn't accidentally eat my food. He has a habit."

Jay takes my shoulder in his firm hand as I past him. His eyes were a narrowed brown. "Where are you going?"

I smile secretively, shaking my head. "Don't worry. I'll just play Good Satan for a while. But remember, food. Nove. Accidents."

He nod slowly, a slight smile on his face. "Be careful?" His voice was questioning.

I laugh. "Aren't I always?"

I leave him and walk confidently to the table. People stared at my way. Most probably knew I hadn't the most colorful relationship with Awlon, and this would definitely rock their gossip quite soon.