Chapter Sixteen

"Oh THANK GOD." Nove said as the bell rang and the fourth class ended. "I was literally two seconds away from starvation. Really, feel my ribs. They're hollow." He grabbed my hand to demonstrate, but I snatched it back laughing.

"I believe you."

"Of course you do." He packed his things and sashayed his way down the hall. I was struggling to keep up with him.

"You're really promoting your sexuality, aren't you."

"Oh yes, yes. It's a necessity. Lately there has been girls looking at me. And they're hungry, Avy, they're also starving. But not for food. Not food at all. So this is my way of rejecting them and- Oh hi, Brandy."

I jerked my head up and saw that it certainly was not a Brandy, rather a Brandon. I laughed.

"Brandy?"

"Shush, the girls are standing around the corner."

I turned my head slightly and sure enough a cluster of girls were looking our way. And he was right.

They were desperately hungry for him.

Nove squeezed Brandon's arm. "Working out lately?"

"Nove, dude. I'm not-"

"I said shush, and play along." Nove frowned, lowering his head and his voice. "Do me a favor for once and just be gay for a few moments."

Brandon looked at me sternly. "Is he-"

"Yes. Yes he is serious. Dead serious." I reply.

Brandon forced the still lingering fingers on his arm off and looked at Nove apologetically. "Dude, I know we're friends-"

"What?!" Nove's voice a high pitch as he dramatically put his hand on his chest. "Just friends?!"

Brandon, the popular jock, looked around neurotically. "Dude, please, you're ruining my reputation."

"I thought you cared about me!" He continues, seemingly there was no inch of shame in him. "I can't believe you care about such trivial things more than moi?!"

Brandon dropped looking around, and went with another option.

He started backing away.

"Don't you go leaving me now!" Nove stops him with a grip. "We're going to get through this...together!"

"Dude. People-"

Nove dropped his hand and turned his back to Brandon. He raised his arms high and with a clear, charming voice he smiled at the audience I did not know we had.

"Ladies, single gents!" He winked at the last part. "Brandon broke up with me. Do call me at ***** if you are interested. That is all. Have a wonderful gay day."

And with that Nove grabbed my arm, sent a kiss to his Brandy and went down for food.

Well, least to say, Nove wouldn't have to worry about the starved girls anymore.

"That wasn't necessary," I told my friend sternly when we were in the queue. "All for the sake of a few love sick girls?"

"And now there won't be any love sick girls. Permanently. So no, Avery, it was necessary. If this continued I'd cross the line of sanity."

"You'd lost that a long time ago." Says a familiar voice and I turn around squealing, jumping on Jay and he catches me as the reliable guy he was. He hugs me back and laughs.

"I haven't seen you in like forever!"

"You never touch me like that." Nove comments rudely and turns his back at us.