15 - The Invasion

Start from the beginning

"Okay, okay. You can put me down now. I feel like a fucking damsel in distress. God, I hate fairytales." I said, and he set me down. "You okay?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm fine." I confirmed. 

Marika's POV

I watched from the TV about how they talked about breaking news. City A was under attack by a monster invasion. "Hitomi..." I whispered in worry. 

My little girl always loved to travel and she still hasn't come home yet. I looked at phone again, thinking Hitomi left a message, but there wasn't any. I looked at the TV again, watching the destruction happen as I anxiously gripped the phone in my hand. 

"Come home, Hitomi. Safe... and sound." I said while gritting my teeth with a smirk.  

Hitomi's POV

"We need to get out of here and get you someplace safe." Akuma said. "No, not yet." I replied.

"Huh?"

"I have to make sure Saitama's safe."

"You're kidding me, right? That guy's indestructible. I'm sure he's fine."

"5... 4..." I began counting down. "3... 2... 1..."

Right on cue, the ship started to crash towards the ground. "Huh... I guess you were right. It looks like Saitama took down the leader." I informed. "Yeah, so let's get out of here before that thing falls on top of us." Akuma said. 

"Yeah." I agreed while giving a nod. He picked me up and flew forward. "Hey, what were you doing here, anyway?" Akuma asked. "Having a tea party." I said, sarcastically.

"Sounds like total bullshit to me."

"That's because it is."

"Seriously, what were you doing here?"

"It's a long story."

"Good. I like long stories."

"On second thought, I don't wanna talk about it."

"Ugh... You're always weaseling your way out of conversation like these."

"Because I don't wanna talk about them."

When we were in the clear, we caught up with Genos and the other heroes. "Hitomi!" Genos called as Akuma set me down. "Are you okay? What are you doing out here?"

"I wanted to see what was attacking." I stated. "Yeah, only to get nearly get killed by one of those alien-monster things." Akuma said. I elbowed him in the gut, signaling for him to shut up. "Where's Saitama?" I asked, changing the subject. 

I looked towards the ship when Saitama punch his way through the wall. "Cool. Out for real." He said. "Hey, look. He's in one piece. See? I told you there was nothing to worry about." Akuma said. "Yeah, yeah." I mumbled. 

"There you are!" Genos said, running over to him. I followed after him as Akuma did the same. "Glad you are safe, Master!" Genos said. "Oh, hey, Genos. We're done here. Let's go." Saitama said. "Were you able to defeat their leader?" Genos asked. 

"Yeah. He was really strong, too. Maybe the strongest I've ever faced." He answered. "Cool." I said. "I see. So without you, Master, the prophecy about the destruction of the world would've come true." Genos said. "What prophecy? I didn't hear anything about it." I mentioned.

"Have no idea what you guys are talking about." Akuma said as he followed us while hovering. "It turns out you can't trust these prophecies at all." Saitama replied. "Can we go out for pizza? I'm starving." I said. "Yeah, sure. I'm actually pretty hungry, too." Saitama agreed. 

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!"

We turned around when Tornado began ranting about how Saitama was just a Class B Hero and there was no way he could've taken the ship down on his own. I didn't even know Tornado was here until now. Akuma and I looked at her in boredom as she began to insult Saitama.

"Sounds to me like Little Miss Psychic is jealous." Akuma mentioned. "You're telling me." I replied to him.

"You know, she reminds me of this annoying pink-haired girl I saw back when I was returning your friends to that Leaf Village. She was annoying and arrogant, just like this shorty here. I think her name was Sakura. Yeah, Sakura Haruno. Good grief, she complained so much, I thought I was gonna have to kill her just to shut her up." Akuma said.

"And did you?" I asked. "Nope. Because I knew you'd get mad or start ranting about how I shouldn't kill the innocent." Akuma said, though it sounded like he was sulking.

"Good boy." 

"Don't talk to me as if I'm a dog."