10 - How The Two Came To Meet

Hitomi: Hey, everyone! Hitomi here! Kureiji's absent at the moment, but don't worry. The show must go on. Anyway, this is just a little chapter about how I met Akuma. He's the guy I mentioned in the last chapter. I'm going to be telling you guys a little story about how I met the little devil.

Akuma: Hey, I heard that, Hitomi.

Hitomi: What? It wasn't an insult. You're species is a devil, isn't it?"

Akuma: Yeah, but you don't have to tell everybody.

Hitomi: Oh, come on, Akuma. Don't be like that. I think it's pretty cool that you're a devil.

Akuma: Shout it through a megaphone, why don't cha?

Hitomi: *sighs* Anyway, folks. Enjoy this little flashback story. See you in the next update!

*****

It was five years ago when I met Akuma. I had ran away from my protective, yet abusive, mother and it was raining. I didn't care if I got wet. I had myself hidden away behind a boulder as I cried to myself, my knees hugged to my chest. 

"I don't understand. Why does Mom... always hurt me? Why... doesn't she love me?" I said, sniffling to myself.

"He went this way!" 

"Get back here, you demon!"

I peeked my head from behind the boulder and spotted a group of men with weapons in their hands. "He's around here somewhere! Keep looking!"

"What's going on?" I whispered. It started to rain harder, almost blurring my vision. I hid back behind the boulder and sneezed. "What was that?"

I gasped and quickly covered my mouth.

"I just heard something him!

"It has to be him!"

"Come on!" 

On instinct, I ran off to hide. I spotted a cave from a distance and quickly ran in there. I stayed in there as I listened to the group of men.

"I could've swore I heard him from right here." 

"Maybe it was your imagination."

"Shut up! I know what I heard!"

"Keep walking." I whispered. The men stiffened before turning the opposite direction and walked away. I sighed in relief until I heard a grunt from behind me. I turned around and peered through the darkness. "Hello? Is someone there?" I called out in a small voice. 

I heard heavy breathing, more grunting like something, or someone, was in pain. Curiosity got the best of me as I began to walk towards the sounds. As I got closer to it, I heard a voice shout out, "Stay away from me! Don't come any closer!"

I stopped in my tracks. "Um... Is everything okay?" I called into the darkness. "Leave... Now..." The voice was dark and almost sounded like they were in pain. "Where are you? I can't see you." I said.

"I will not reveal myself to a human. You're just like them. Those... monsters." The voice said.

"Are you talking about the men that were out there? They're gone now. You don't have to worry about them anymore. You're safe." I assured them. My gaze went to the ground as I saw a trail of blood slowly trickling towards my feet.

"You're hurt," I said, taking small steps forward. "Please, just let me-"

"I said, stay back!"

I screamed and ducked towards the ground when a ball of flame darted at me. I curled up into a ball and shielded my head as I softly began to cry. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." I apologized as tears freely flowed down my cheeks.