Prologue - 'Brotherly Love'

Mikey’s POV

Resting my head on Gerard’s shoulder I smiled; I smiled a real smile. It wasn’t forced or put on; it was genuine and proof that I loved Gerard more than anything in the world. He meant more to me than life itself and I didn’t care that he was my brother, I certainly didn’t care what other people thought I loved him and no one could change that. I looked up and caught him grinning at me.

“Do you know how adorable you are Mikey?” he asked poking the end of my nose.

I didn’t reply, my smile just widened and my cheeks flushed a bright shade of red, this caused Gerard to giggle a little. I peered into his big brown eyes and was lost in seconds, lost in his beauty and kindness, lost in the perfect human being. I knew then that losing him would be the worst thing ever, I wanted to be with him forever, at his side, I loved him and he loved me, which was all that mattered. Without warning Gee placed a kiss on my lips, my mouth open obediently allowing him to enter; his breath was warm on the skin of my face and his taste was unbelievably good. I wanted to stay like that for eternity, I never wanted to let go. I was quite content with the idea of staying on that park bench kissing Gee forever. But all good things must end… but I hoped for a happier ending.

“Eww gay faggots,” a male voice said from behind the bench which was followed by the laughter of a female.

Both Gerard and I stopped, anger was filling the pair of us but through his eyes I saw that Gerard was extremely mad. He sat up pulling me with him and looked in the direction of the voice. I was Ryan and Ashley from Gerard’s year at school. I knew them both as the cause of my brothers six month depression; I had never spoken to either of them but still hated their guts.

“No wait, it gets better. Aren’t you guys’ brothers?” Ryan asked.

“Oh my gosh that’s disgusting,” Ashley replied with.

“If you’ve got an issue go away,” Gerard scowled.

“Eh no, you are the bad ones. You are the disgrace to your family and humanity. We are quite frankly better than you so if anyone should fuck off it’s you,” Ryan smirked.

Gerard’s breathing got faster and I could tell he was forcing back tears; I placed my hand on his back and used the other to make him face me.

“Don’t listen to them Gee, what they say is not true. Gerard Arthur Way you are perfect in every single way and don’t you dare think other wise not even for a second,” I whispered before kissing him again.

“Didn’t you hear me? I said fuck off,” Ryan yelled before pushing both of us off the bench.

Gerard’s POV

That was it the last straw. I wasn’t going to let that homophobic freak say anything against Mikey again. I got to my feet and walked towards Ryan. I would have given almost anything for the strength to wipe the smug look of his face.

“Oh what’s this gay boy? Want a fight?” Ryan’s smirk grew larger. “Give me one second.”

Ryan whistled a single loud note and within ten seconds I was surrounded by seven (including Ryan) people around me. I knew there was no way I would win that fight but I was going to give it my all. I swung my fist at Ryan only to have it grabbed by one of the guys to my left; I then found it being twisted behind my back and a foot colliding with the back of my knee. I fell to the floor and was instantly pinned down by three of them.

“Wait,” Ryan yelled. “Let’s humiliate him even more before you bat him to bits. Ashley you can kick him a bit first.

An evil grin filled her face; she kicked me in the head a few times but made no real damage. Her third blow was luckier. As she kicked me in the face the buckle on her shoe slashed my eye; I screamed in pain as blood blurred my vision.

“Leave him alone,” I heard Mikey yell over the laughter.

“Shut up you puff, get ‘im lads,” Ryan laughed hysterically.

I found myself being pelted with feet and fists. Some broke bone, some made me bleed, all of them caused pain. But above all the humiliation was far worse. The seconds felt like minutes and I could feel my conciseness slowly slipping away.  Suddenly someone jumped on me; someone was using their body to protect my head.

“I’ll keep you safe Gee,” Mikey cried before I fell into darkness.