Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge

Start from the beginning

Korra: "Connor? What's wrong?" I can tell she's had quite a bit to drink as she slurs her words. Then a door opens up and the man pushes her in. I run towards them. But the scene changes... I'm now standing in what must be the spirit world. I turn around and see a dark misty figure...

???: "You thought I was just going to kill her? No... I'm going to kill you, then break her... She will be put through more pain and humiliation than you could imagine... And you can't do a damn thing about it." I feel anger course through my body, which turns into pure rage. I charge the figure. But as soon as I touch it a series of images plays through my head. A man who looks similar to me, lying dead on the ground. Then... No... My mother and father... lying dead, each pinned against a tree with a sword through their hearts... And finally... Laura and Evelyn... Each hanging with a rope around their necks from a tree branch.

I wake up in a cold sweat. I look around, I see Korra lying next to me. I sigh in relief... 'Do you hear me? You could not even imagine the power I wield... I will look for you... I will find you, and when I do... I am going to kill you.' I hear the voice laugh.

Korra POV

*TIMESKIP*

6 Months Later

I finish changing and walk back into the living room. I see M/N lying on the couch.

Korra: "Hey M/N." He grunts and sits up.

You: "Hey Korra. What's up?"

Korra: "Want to go for a walk?" He chuckles, and stands up.

You: "Sure, why not?" We walk out of my house and into the village. "So, is there a point to this? Or did you just want to walk?" He asks me.

Korra: "I wanted to talk to you about something. But let's go somewhere a little more private." He nods and we walk out of the village to a small peninsula of ice.

You: "Ok, I'm listening."

Korra: "M/N, there's something you aren't telling me... isn't there?" He turns to face me.

You: "Korra, I, I." He takes a deep breath. "A while back I had a dream... Korra, I saw my family in the spirit world."

Korra: "Isn't that a go-" He cuts me off before I could finish.

You: "Dead... They were all dead... My mother and father were pinned to a tree... Laura and Evelyn... Were hung from a branch..." I see tears running down his cheeks, I feel myself on the verge of them as well.

Korra: "M/N? You said you saw them in the spirit world? Right?" He nods.

You: "Yea, why?" Oh no...

Korra: "M/N, something, or someone... Killed the spirits of your family..." He raises an eyebrow, he didn't know what that meant... "M/N... It means... That they no longer exist... Their spirits are gone... You'll never be able to see them again..." I look up and see... nothing, his eyes were blank and he had stopped crying, he just stared out to sea. Then there's a flash of F/C light. M/N's eyes are glowing F/C again. Then he just... falls. He just lies on the ground, unconscious. A few seconds later he sits up. I see his eyes are still glowing... Then he looks at me. Something was wrong. These eyes... They were cold, vicious even. He stands up and takes a step towards me. I feel my heart beat increase, this wasn't M/N.

You: "I'm going to the spirit world... I'm going to find the thing that did this." He walks by me towards the beam of light in the sky. Then flies off. 'Do not worry, avatar. He will be out of his misery soon...' I turn around, looking for the source of the voice. To find only one thing, laid in the snow... M/N's locket...

Your POV

Gaea: 'What Are You Doing?! You Shouldn't Do This!'

You: 'I Don't Have A Choice! Whoever This is... They "Killed" them, I'll never be able to see them again...' I fly into the portal. When I get out on the other side, I can feel it. A power coming from within the Tree of Time. I walk towards it and up its roots... But when I see what's inside... "Who The Hell Are You!?" I ask... me? It looks just like me, except, darker. I wore black clothes and had jet black hair slicked back along with 2 small black earrings and dark circles around my eyes.

???: "I am you, M/N..." What? What the hell is this?! "That's right, let it all sink in... You were the reason your family's physical forms died, and now you have killed their spirits as well..." What? Who the hell does this guy think he's talking to?

You: "Enough! Tell me who and what you are before I kill you!" He just laughs. He stands up and begins speaking again.

???: "I told you, I'm you... You've changed M/N... You used to be far more unforgiving... Far more vicious, and far more evil... The world is trying to balance a being as powerful as you changing so much... So, it created me... I am made of all the evil that has left you, and all the evil people you've killed... You created me, you created the being that took your family from you... Forever..." No... No! I send a wave of fire at him and he disappears. I fall to my knees... I created the man that killed my family... And what's even worse... They probably thought "I" did it... I begin to feel sick. I walk out of the tree and back towards the portal, but before I can reach it a man appears. I recognize him as one of the gods who warned me of Gaea's son.

You: "What do you want?" I ask him coldly.

Zeus: "Gaea has trained you physically, I, am here to train you spiritually." He disappears, then reappears at the top of the valley. "Hurry, we have no time to waste." I look back at the portal... 'I'm sorry Korra, but I have to do this... I need to kill this thing.' I take off after this man.

*TIMESKIP*

1 Month Later

Zeus: "Now, it's time you fully learned what you can do. By now I am sure you have noticed your ability to produce a beam of light, correct?" I nod.

You: "Yea, but it's more powerful when I'm angry." He nods and strokes his beard.

Zeus: "Well, I guess we'll have to change that, later. For now, let's work on control. Do you know what you're doing when it happens?" I shake my head.

You: "I've always just been able to do it."

Zeus: "Well, I'll tell you it is the new form of bending the prophecy said you'd discover, although, it is not new, nor is it just for you or the avatar. Everybody has the ability to do this, just not to the extent you do. M/N, you are the first True Energybender in centuries. Yes, it is true past avatars have done something similar, but, their bending was not an external force like yours is. Avatar Aang used it to take away Fire Lord Ozai's bending, but never as a brute force. It is made by bringing out your energy from within, so, a fighter like yourself has a surplus of this power, especially with Gaea's spirit within you, but even a non-bender could potentially produce a much weaker version of what you can do, if they train enough." Wow, that was unexpected. "So, are you ready to begin to learn how to create and control this power?" I nod, this could be fun. I smirk, he won't know what hit him.