Knight Au 3

Dirk sits onto a hill where his mother would go with him to drink tea and explore the woods behind the hill.

Well, before he was taken by the king of course. It was long ago anyway, he doesn't remember her face all too well.

Now, it was three days since Todd had spoken a word to King Gently. Dirk's heart aching as he feels he ran away from the kingdom to elope with Madien Black. Horrible thoughts of love lost flood through his heart and head with dread.

He wishes he had someone to talk to, it irritated him to think of Todd when a war was going to start. But unannounced as it isn't fully there to attack civillians or himself.

"Dirk?" Says a forigen accent

"What do you want Bart?" He says knowing the gravily voice anywhere, the Theif Curlish. Notorious for killing anything in her path as she never kills the good man.

"Nothin' geez, I just stopped by to see where Ken is..." she says as she sits next to Dirk. "Why the long face, Dirk?"

He looks over as he tries not to gag at the amout of blood on her body, he quickly looks away. "What the hell is that massacre on your body?"

"I'll tell you what this is if you tell me what is buggin' yah." Says Bart, as she runs fingers through her dirt filled hair.

He glances over again and curls into himself, "It's about Todd..."
"What about Knight Brotzman?" Bart says, wiping blood from coming into her eyes.

"I... I think I have fallen for him harder than I could..." Dirk says, with a break in his voice and fingers gently gripping his forearms. "Why don't you just tell him?" Bart says scratching the back of her head, "It's not that simple Bart. It's like-" he lets out a annoyed sigh, "Remember the river they use to talk about... The universe guided me to him as to be used to that one mission... But instead of the universe making me never see him again... he is there by my side. It hurts although, Madien Black is perfect for him the universe guided Madien Black and Todd- My Knight to each other." Dirk says as tears roll down his eyes, confused and angry at what the universe has done to him.

Bart just stares at him for a second, then looking up at the sky, "Maybe the universe wants you to find someone else... you are king after all-" "Bart. I can't love anyone as much as I love that idiot being next to me on any mission in life..." Dirk interrupts Bart, Bart keeps quiet, "Forget you telling me where all that blood came from Theif Curlish... Thanks for listening to me." He starts to stand as walk down the hill, "You best get out of here... and wash up before someone comes to attack..." Dirk walks away from a confused Bart as she hears the universe whisper something in her ear. She dashes off into the next town as something big was coming.