Five More Minutes?

Author's POV
"Caspian, my son. It's time to return to your family." Aslan says, sparking hope, happiness and excitement in Caspian.

"Y..Your Majesty?" Caspian stutters, not totally sure if he heard the lion right.

"Your death was merely a test for Elizabeth. Once she passed, you were to return home. Assuming you wish to." Aslan explains.

"Yes sir! More than anything. I mean, I love my parents, and I'll miss them. But I need my sister." Caspian says eagerly.

"You may say goodbye to your parents and the others." Aslan says. Caspian nods and goes to do so.

"Mother? Father?" Caspian calls.

"Come in!" Titania replies.

"I...I'm going back to Elizabeth. Aslan gave me the option, and I chose to be with her." Caspian says, and his parents smile with a teeny bit of sadness, but mostly pride.

"We'll miss you, son. But what you're doing is right." Titania says, hugging her son. Caspian hugs his father, then returns to the lion.

"I'm ready." He says and the lion nods.

Author's POV
Caspian's statue turns back into him, as a living person. He runs as fast as he can towards the castle, beyond ecstatic to see his baby sister again. To see her eyes sparkle with happiness, her smile etched on her face, the warmth of her arms around him in a bear hug he has no doubt she'll give him.

"Caspian?" Susan asks, stunned and happy.

"Yes. My death was a test for Elizabeth. When she passed, I'd return." Caspian smiles.

"I...I think she's still sleeping. She's in her room." Susan smiles as Caspian nods and runs to Elizabeth's room. Susan follows, wanting to see the look on her friend's face.

"I'm so excited." Caspian exhales as Susan knocks on the door.

"Elizabeth? You have a guest." Susan says and Elizabeth moans sleepily.

"Five more minutes?" Caspian asks teasingly and Elizabeth jolts up and whips her head to the sound of his voice.

"I'm dreaming." She sighs, not believing her eyes.

"No, this is real. My death was a test for you." He replies and her face falls.

"And I've failed." She sighs.

"No. You've passed, it just took longer than expected. That's why I'm back, because you passed."

Elizabeth sighs happily and hugs him closely. Feeling the warmth and security her best friend's arms always provided, she felt whole again.

Caspian was back.