1.0

Chapter 10
Bonding time!
April 13, 2017
Hayden's POV

After yesterday's fiasco with Jayden, Annie decided Jayden and I should get to know each other better. So today Jayden and I are spending the day together.

I woke up at 10:39 and took a shower. After I put on my scar cream, I got dressed and facetimed Annie.

"Hello?" Her cute voice croaked into the screen.

"Hey Princess."

"What do you want Hayden?"

"You said you wanted me to spend the day with Jayden, so send me her number."

"Ugh! Fine."

"Thank you Princess."

"Call me Dark Princess."

"Okay, Dark Princess."

I ended the call and texted Jayden.

Hayden: Hey it's Hayden, Annie gave me your number. Where do you wanna meet?

Jayden: Let's meet up at menchies, but lets go to the beach after.

Hayden: I'm down with that.

I changed into my swim shorts and put a shirt on over it.

I drove to Menchies and waited for Jayden.

"There you are," I said when I saw Jayden. "I've been here," Jayden said. "Whatever, lets go to the beach," I said.

"What song do you wanna listen to," I said, making conversation. " Birds of the feather?" She responded. "Sure," I said plugging my phone up to the radio. I typed into youtube, "Birds of the Feather" and it came up.

"We fly so high; we fly together. We are a girl gang like bird of the feather!" Jayden screamed.

When we arrived at the beach me and Jayden picked out a spot. We laid out the beach towels and sat down.

"Why can't we be friends?" I asked Jayden. "You just seem so insecure. I was a lot like you before I met Annie," She responded. "Well I'm sorry I'm a little insecure, I just can't say why," I told her, "Maybe if I get to know you better I can tell you. So lets play truth or dare."

"Okay, truth or dare," She said.

"Dare."

"Go feed the seagulls; here use this, they love cheez its."

I did as I was told and went and fed the seagulls. Then, they started chasing me around.

I finally escaped the seagulls. When I sat back down I saw Jayden had posted a video of the seagulls chasing me on Instagram and tagged me and Annie.

I sat back down, "truth or dare?" I asked Jayden. "truth," she said as if it was nothing. "Okay, Rush told me that you were a new kid, where did you live before you moved here?" I asked. "So, my dad is in the military, so we move back and forth all over the country. I've lived in Nebraska, New York, California, Arizona, Oregon, Tennessee, and obviously Maryland; I moved from New York," She said. "Wow that's a lot," I said with astonishment. "Yeah, but you get used to it," She said.

"Truth or dare," she asked. "Dare," I said. I need to get to know her better, because I know the question she will ask if I pick truth. "Go around and yell 'I have lice'," She said giggling.

I stood up and walked about twenty feet away from where we were sitting.

"I HAVE LICE!" I yelled running around. "I HAVE LICE!" I yelled again. I continued running. "I HAVE LICE!" I yelled one last time. "SAME HERE BRO!" Someone yelled back.

I walked back to Jayden, "Did you hear that kid 'same here bro'," I said laughing as I sat down. Jayden was in tears. She didn't video that one, I kind of wish she did.

"Truth or dare Jayden," I said after my fit of laughter. "Dare I guess," she said. "Okay, walk down into the shallow water and start dancing disco, without music," I said. Her eyes went big.

She's a trooper; she did it, and I videoed it. I posted it on Instagram and tagged her and Annie.

She sat back down and face palmed. I looked at what time it was, 2:32. "Okay Hayden, Truth or dare?" She asked. "Um, truth," I said, I think I trust Jayden a little more. "Have you ever cheated on a test?" She asked. "No, who would I cheat off of, I have no friends other than you, Annie, and Johnny.

Then out of nowhere, we heard a bullet shot and a scream.