Chapter 21

A/N: so Wattpad rated this R now?? I think it's because I put the word "orgasm" in here...jfc

Chapter 21 - Vic - All These Twisted Thoughts

Justin pulls off the act with my parents flawlessly. They seem to take a liking to him right away, even though he, supposedly, was the cause of my absence last night. Mike, luckily, is completely unharmed, so my parents refrain from calling me irresponsible. Or maybe they’ll do that anyways; they just don’t want to do it with Justin there.

I walk him back outside after the initial confrontation, and as soon as the front door closes behind us, Justin turns to me and says, “Is it just me, or was that really awkward?”

"Oh, it’s normally much worse," I tell him. "I think you got on their good side. But if you ever see them again, don’t mention Kellin, because he definitely is not on their good side.”

"With my luck, I’ll probably be with Kellin when that inevitably happens.”

My phone buzzes in my pocket. I pull it out, and, lo and behold, it’s Kellin. “Speak of the devil,” I say.

"Answer it," Justin says, smirking a little. "I wanna tell him something."

So I answer it and put Kellin on speaker. Justin grabs the phone out of my hand and sings, “I JUST HAD SEEEEX!”

"As long as it’s not with my boyfriend, I don’t care," Kellin replies without missing a beat. "Speaking of which, where is my boyfriend?”

"Right here," I say, taking the phone back. "What’s up?"

"Do you want to go out with me tonight? Anywhere."

Automatically, I think of the panic of last night. “Uh, that didn’t work out very well yesterday,” I remind him.

"Yeah, but now we’ve got a truce. We’re invincible."

Justin and I exchange glances. He speaks for both of us: “A truce?”

"Yeah," Kellin says. "I went to HQ and had a little chat with the gang. So we’ve got a truce in place now. Though according to Josh, it’s a really fragile one—like, one wrong move, and they’ll be after us again."

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but that means we’re not invincible,” Justin points out.

"On the contrary. We are invincible—to a certain point. So until someone makes that one wrong move, we’re home-free. So I say we celebrate.”

I raise my eyebrows at Justin. For a moment, there’s silence from all of us. Then Justin says, “I’ll call Jack and Gabe. Kell, do you know if Tracy’s working tonight?”

More silence, as we all simultaneously realize what Justin said.

He bites his lip. “I mean…I’ll just…just call Gabe.” With that, he pulls out his phone and starts to call Gabe.

"Damn, I sure wish we could still call Jack," Kellin says. "We could ask him what the afterlife is like." His voice is bitterly sarcastic, and even though I can’t see him, I can picture the sad smile that’s bound to be on his face.

Justin is talking to Gabe now, so I ask, “What do you think he’d say?”

After a pause, Kellin says, “I think he’d tell us to go live our goddamn lives and stop wondering.”

"Then that’s what we’ll do."

"Easier said than done. Now, where are we gonna meet, and when?"