Chapter 16.....Welcoming The Twins....

Christa and Zak went to Los Angeles for a few days after the wedding. The whole time, Christa was uncomfortable. She started having early contractions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-JULY 28TH,2012-

Christa and Zak had dinner the night before with Aaron, Billy and Dianna. They all went for sushi and caught a movie. Zak didn't want to go since Christa was having regular early contractions and was in pain almost all the time. Christa wanted to go since neither of them knew when they would be free again to go and have dinner with anyone. Let alone go out. By the time they reached home, it was already 12:45am on July 28th,2012. Christa had gone right to bed when they came home.

-3:45am-

Christa woke up suddenly with sharp pain on the left side of her stomach. She inhaled sharply as she sat straight up in bed.

Gripping her side, Christa moaned "Zak! Wake up!"

Shirtless and lying on his stomach, Zak sighed as he moved his face towards Christa. He was still didn't wake up.

Kicking Zak, Christa yelled "ZAK! WAKE UP!"

Jumping with a start, Zak looked at Christa and mumbled "What?"

"I think I'm in labor" said Christa.

Sitting up and rubbing his eyes, Zak asked "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure! These contractions are intense!" said Christa.

"Well, let's go then." said Zak.

Both of them got out of bed and got dressed. Zak grabbed everything they needed and put them all in the car.

When Christa finally reached downstairs, she saw that Zak was waiting by the front door, waiting for her.

"You ready?" asked Zak.

Christa let out a yelp.

Alarmed, Zak came rushing to Christa, asking "What is it? What happened?"

Looking at Zak, Christa said "My water just broke."

Looking down, Zak saw that Christa's water indeed break. Grabbing her, Zak said "Come on, baby! Let's go."

Christa had let Zak take over. He had rushed her to the car, and jumped in.

While Zak drove them to the hospital, Christa called Dr. Moore, who agreed to meet them at the hospital. She also called Zak's family. She also texted Nick, Aaron, Jay, Billy, and Ashley.

By the time, they reached the hospital, Zak's knuckles were pure white from gripping the steering wheel. Christa's contractions were now 5 minutes apart. And it was 4:30 in the morning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christa and Zak were already settled in their room when Dr. Moore walked in.

Greeting them with a smile, Dr. Moore said "Well, good morning! Are we ready for some babies?"

Zak smiled as Christa nodded as she said "Oh yeah."

Dr. Moore smiled as she said "Well, let me check you to see where we're at."

Dr. Moore started to put on a latex glove on her hand as Zak's phone went off.

As Zak checked his phone, Dr. Moore checked Christa.

Pulling away, Dr. Moore smiled. Looking between Zak and Christa, Dr. Moore said "Well, it looks like your babies are in a hurry to get here. You're already at 9 cm."