Chapter Eleven: Copper and the Black Prince

Lift a paw,

Step like

A bird on the breeze,

There are songs such as these

In each age of our history;

Dance,

Like a butterfly,

Simple and free,

As you move with the trees

To a mystical song;

Swirl,

Like the mists

Of the moor and the bottomlands,

Forest and desert sands,

White in the air,

Then soft

Like a breath

You will find your last chance

As you move to the song

Of the mist-lover's dance.

The twins did not even bother taking the second exit when they arrived

The twins did not even bother taking the second exit when they arrived. Jumping straight through the skylight, they were promptly accosted by Jay. Sethral struggled to understand the tail-talk that flashed between the three Coppertails. Taz and Fletch's tails danced like butterflies and Jay's lilting flick-accent was more pronounced than she had ever seen it. He was obviously stressed.

She had told Jay the location of the Coppertails' prison, and Taz and Fletch ran to the window as he relayed it to them.

"That's the tunnel-rocks!" said Fletch.

Jay pulled him back from the window, loosing a flurry of tail-signs as fast as the twins' own. He looked at both of them.

"That could totally work," said Taz. "Fletch?"

"I agree."

"Sethral?"

"You're going to have to repeat all that," said Sethral with a yawn. The sun was going down and the day's long flight was catching up with her.

Jay ran off to avoid the wind, so Fletch pulled Sethral into a cave where there was no risk of being heard by Drakons. "That formation is the tunnel-rocks," he said when Taz had joined them. "It's just like Raventower—networks and caves and worm holes all over the place. We can see why they picked it as a dungeon. The thing is though, there are tunnels under it too."