Chapter 5: The Other Solution

"What?" Bernard backed away to the corner of  the bed. "You're going to kill me? How is that good for the both of us!?"

  "Because then I can take the gem back and we can end your pointless life. Simple."

  Bernard shook his head frantically."No! Not 'simple'!"

  The half-breed grabbed Bernard over and held his chest on the bed with the hand he was holding the gem with. Bernard held the half-breed's hand and desperatly tried to pull it away. The half-breed then sat on the bottom of bernard's torso and started positioning the blade at Bernards throat.

  "Don't! Please!" Bernard whimpered. He felt the tears running down his cheeks.

  "Yuni!"

  The half-breed stopped and widened his eyes. "Shit!" he murmered under his breath. Bernard held him eyes shut tight. He was to busy trying to get the cat-like off of him.

  The cat-like turned his head as far back as he could to look at the figure in the window, still keeping a firm hold of bernard, who was now trying to get up and see what was going on.

  "This dosn't concern you, now get back to The Home before you're spotted."

  The figure walked over to beside Bernards bed, he could now see her. She was no older than himself, a cat-like, just like the one on top of Bernard, but she was a lighter blue, and had an unthreatening face.

  "What are you doing? I thought you said the gem was taken by a half-breed! There's no need to kill him." the young girl looked at Bernard and raised one eyebrow.

  "He has already used it! It's the only way I can get the gem now!" 

  The cat-like girl looked back at the older one with a look of shock, then back at Bernard. "Him? I mean...Him?"

  "My thoughts indeed."

  Bernard managed to riggle out from under the male  and wiped his tears away as the two stared blankly at him. "Would someone mind telling me what terrible thing I've done here?"

  The  girl turned her glare to the male and shook her head. "You've really done it this time, brother!" she told him. "I can see it now, on a grave stone, Here lies the body of Yuni Hatchioh - killed by Boss for his unbelievable fuck up!"

  "Watch your language, kitten!" the male - who Bernard assumed name was Yuni - sat up and grabbed the gem, and put it in front of Bernards face. "This is the reason you escaped those humans. How you did it is a mystery to me but you managed it somehow."

  "What did I do?" Bernard stared at the gem in front of him, confused.

  Yuni sighed and rolled his eyes. "You made a wish, dumn ass!"

  Bernard thought for a moment, then remembered...

I just want out. I wish I was home, just let this end! I wish I was in my room! I wish-

  "I did wish. I wished I was back in my room, and-"

  "And you are going to pay for your mistake now!" Yuni finished before raising the knife again.

  The kitten jumped and grabbed the pen-knife from her brother. "No!"

  Yuni hissed at her and stood up from the bed. Now you could see just how tall he was compared to her.

  "If this boy had the strength to make a wish as big as this on the first try, then maybe he isn't as weak hearted as we think."

  "Of course he is! You could practically touch the sense with your hands!" Yuni turned his head and glanced at Bernard, disgusted. "He makes me sick, Liel. Just to look at him is a struggle."

  "Well there has to be something alse about him! Even if he is as terrible as you say there was something inside him that could control that gem enough!" she said. "Boss is gonna be angry, but how much more do you think he's gonna be if he finds out you killed a half-breed that managed to pull off a wish like that?"

  Yuni stood still for a minute or so. Bernard just sat there, still confused. Atlast Yuni nodded and clenched his fists. "Fine," he said before turning back to Bernard. Bernard flinched as Yuni put one hand on his shoulder. "Relax," Yuni told him. "I'm not gonna try and kill you again," Bernard let out a sigh of relief before the  raised a fist and knocked him out with one blow.

  Yuni stood aside to let Liel observe the snoozing dog-like. "Happy now?" he asked his sister.

  She rolled her eyes before opening the window wider than it already was. "Hurry. Pick him up and lets go."

  Yuni hissed at the girl and through Bernard over his shoulder. "Of course, Princess! Anything you say, princess! Would you like me to feed you grapes and kiss your toes as I do so, Princess!?"

  "Less whining, more moving your ass!"

  "Watch it, kitten. You're still small enough to go across my knee!"

  The two felines stepped out of Bernard's bedroom window and jumped from roof to roof. Carefully avoiding passing humans below. They travelled To the exact centre of Nighttrone and spent some time searching for humans around the area. When they  found none, they agreed it was safe enough to open the gate leading down to the sewer.

  "Uhhg! I hate this part!" Liel held her nose to sheld herself from the horrable stench.

  "Less whining, more moving your ass!"

  Liel made a face at her brother before reculantly jumping in the sewer. Yuni gave one last look around for humans, before he too, jumped in with Bernard still over his shoulder.

  They walked along the sewer for what felt like hours to the young Liel. Until they reached a certain spot.

  "Where's the button again?" Liel asked as she ran her hands over different areas of the wall.

  Her brother sighed in annoyance, then while still looking at his sibling, pushed the button beside him without effort.

  "Show off!"

  Yuni smirked as the wall next to the button separated and revealed an arche shaped, brown door.

  "Ladies first." Liel gestured her brother to enter.

  "Move it, before I move it for you!" Yuni pushed Liel toward the door. She shrugged and entered without fear or hesitation.

  Bernard started fidgiting as he woke from his knockout. He rubbed the spot on his forehead that Yuni had punched, he could feel the lump.

  "So let me get this straight!" Another male voice said. "You got captured after you collected the stone. This guy helped you escape but on your way out you dropped the stone and he got a hold of it. And as he had it he activated it by making a wish, so you tried to kill him so that you could take the gem back and then you thought of a better idea and brought him here to make him one of us!?"

  Bernard opened his eyes to see Yuni and a porcupine-like half-breed talking. The other half-breed shrugged. "Boss should be back now so you and the pup better get to his office and explane this story to him!"

  Yuni nodded before turning to Bernard, who was now sitting up. "Come with me," he told Bernard. 

  Bernard sighed and stood up. He had given up the will to protest or even care.