summer love » one direction

Summer Love » One Direction

Feels like snow in September

The summer is nearly over. The day was fast approaching, the one where she left and was once again alone. She slowly started packing her things for the past week, hoping to get all the things in order before returning home from her summer abroad.

Blinking back the tears, she started packing her suitcase and backpack with all the things - her tee shirts, jeans, skirt, dresses, her books, everything. Everything that was previously in the wardrobe was being stuffed into her suitcase. Her facial expression is pained and strained as she is in an emotional agony. She is trying to hold back her tears but failing miserably; they keep dripping down her tan cheeks, in the silence of the fading light of day. The tears don't stop, they come if she wants them to or not, they take over her thoughts, making her unable to focus beyond the pain, and she is so tired of hurting. It may be summer outside but in her heart it is winter; very cold and dark, freezing her to death inside out.

She packs up her small luggage, camera and everything else she brought along with her, leaving nothing behind. She then sighs and lay down on her bed, letting some of the books fall to the floor. The book opens and some photos falls out of the book, that caught her eyes and she looks at them carefully. She picks the books and the photos up, and see that it's a picture of herself and Harry. She flips through one of her millions of photo albums of her and Harry, smiling softly at one picture....the first day they met on the beach. With her eyes closed she could picture the first day they met, the first time they kissed,and spent plenty of time together from then on.

Summer - a time when the sun is out, minds are open, and hearts full of love. Feelings of happiness and bliss are generated from the inside; the time when we dismiss our pain and sufferings, and let the beautiful moments pass us by. The warmth of the sun always seems to be inviting to just sit along a creek somewhere and watch the water flow swiftly along the rocks. A time when people fall in love, even just for a moment, when there is not a care in the world. Because it's summer and the memories are just waiting to happen. Every summer has a story. Well, their summer had a story too.

As She walks barefoot on the hot summer sand of the beach, on a warm summer evening listening to the waves as they gently lap the shore while she gaze upon the seemingly endless horizon watching the sunset, and feeling completely at ease.

The sky is ablaze with colors; fiery orange, searing red, hot as the sun yellow and yet the outer edges of the blazing sky have begun to cool with the indigo of the night. A sunset that is more beautiful than our mere words are capable of encompassing.

She could hear the birds and waves. She could smell the scent of the water. She could feel the caress of the breeze. The fish playing and all of the colors of a rainbow reflecting off the sea as the sun and water become one. It is like a little piece of heaven on earth.

The feeling of the sand tickles under her feet, the water touches with caring, and the salty ocean breeze as it plays around and through her bare skin, she sighs with relief.

She was startled when a beach ball nearly hit her and a guy came running up. "Hey, are you okay?" His wild-eyed panic gave her a moment of pause. He had dark brown curls on top of his head that were all over the place. It was cute though. And his eyes were the glimmering color of emerald, sparkling like a fresh sheen of morning dew. When he turned his head, this way and that, they caught the light and played tricks with anything and everything that screamed 'spring.' And when he lifted his pale face to the sky, emerald shifted into the color of deep ocean shimmering in the moonlight.