Yet despite that, whenever their parents would dance together, Lucy would see Lily gazing at their loving looks with pure and utter longing. Just as they shared their love for Magic, Lucy was sure she and Lily were both romantics at heart. Both dreaming to find someone who looks at them the way their father looks at their mother.

"Good evening," Lily's soft spoken voice brought Lucy out of her musings. "This year I shall be playing a self-composed song dedicated to every couple in this room. I'd appreciate it if everyone participated in a dance."

Lucy felt a twinge of envy at how mature Lily sounded despite only being seven. Her sister always seemed to live in a different world. Yet, Lucy found that she didn't envy the fact that everyone were placing their high expectations of the Heartfilia Estate's future on Lily. In fact she kind of felt sorry for her sister for never getting the chance to play around like she did.

'But...one day we'll get mama's keys. Lily will get Aquarius, because they're like best friends, and I'll get Cancer. Lily and I will be the best Celestial Spirit Mages in all of Fiore!' Lucy determinedly smiled.

"Then, let's begin."

Lucy almost panicked realizing she didn't have a partner. But then she remembered that Lily asked for the couples only.

What would I do without your smart mouth?

Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

Lucy hummed along to the song as she watched her parents dance. The seven year old, for all her claims at being a romantic, couldn't understand how people could seemingly love someone else more than they loved themselves. 

She knew it wasn't the same as putting Lily before her needs. It wasn't family love, it was different.

It was breathtaking? No, that wasn't the word for it. Was there even a word to describe the look her parents were sharing? 

Whatever the word could be called, she wanted someone to look at her like that one day.

My head's under water

But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

Out of the corner of her eyes Lucy caught a boy her age staring at her sister with an awed look.

Lucy almost giggled, it looks like her sister has an admirer.

.o0o.o0o.

"Ojou-sama, Lucy-chan, good morning!"