p r o l o g u e

I woke up and was greeted by the sound of the heart monitor beeping. I crouched my body and sat up straight on the bed, bearing my massive headache.

"Oh good you're finally awake." The doctor entered and bared his teeth in a wide grin. "How are you feeling, Mr.Min?"

"Awful," I scoffed. He poured me a glass of water that was on the table and gestured me to drink it. I did what I was told and swallowed the lukewarm water down my dry throat. "Thank you," I muttered. "How long was I out?"

"Five months."

He called a few nurses and did a check up on me. After he was done, the nurses left and it was just the two of us again. "I'm happy to say that you're doing just fine. Although, you're suffering from a temporary memory loss and might take awhile to regain it back." I blankly stared at the silver haired man. "Do remember your name?"

"Yes, Min Yoongi."

"Do you remember how old you are?"

"Yes," I groaned. "I'm twenty four."

"Do you remember what happened before you were in a coma?"

Now that he mentioned it, I couldn't recall. My headache abruptly grew. Groaning in pain, I shut my eyes tightly. A moment later, the pain stopped. I flung my eyes back open and glared at the doctor. "I thought you said I was fine," I scornfully said.

"Migraines are bound to happen now and then," he stated.

"Gee, thanks for the heads-up." I rolled my eyes and rubbed my temples. "What did happen?"

He lifted his shoulders and fidget his lips. "I don't know."

"Then why in the world would you ask me a silly question when you yourself don't know the answer." When he opened his mouth to say something, I held out my pointing finger out. "DON'T answer. That was a rhetorical question."

He chuckled. "I was just kidding. Ofcourse I know. I am a doctor for a reason." I put on a resting bitch face. "You were a patient here before you were in a coma. Says here..-" he checked his board. ".. that you were diagnosed with pneumonia. Luckily, you had your treatment early. Your operation was a success but, you didn't wake up ever since. So the hospital did everything to make sure you're doing well."

"Thank you," I muttered.

"It seems that you didn't forget much. Maybe a few certain memories are forgotten but, don't worry as it'll only be temporary."

"Hm."

"Well, I'm going now. I'll ask one of the nurse to make a phone call and break the news to your family." He gave me one last smile before leaving. I pushed the curtains beside my bed and saw that I was actually alone. There were a few empty beds in the room. Sighing, I tried to get off on the other side of the bed. Steadily I stood up. It's been awhile since I last walked so, I wasn't sure if it was normal for my legs to feel wobbly. Instead of placing my hand on the table to support me, I accidentally placed my hand on a book that was on the table itself. Resulting the book to slide off the table and my hips in contact with the floor.

I whimpered as I tried to stand back up. "Aish!" I sat down on the white duvet and glowered at the book earlier. "Who's book is this?" The hard cover was decorated with colorful buttons and other DIY stuff. I flipped open the cover and saw a neat handwriting that said: belongs to Lee Soo Jung.

Invading someone's privacy isn't my forte. But seeing as how it nearly cost me my life, I guess reading the first page won't hurt anybody.

Something tells me that once I start reading, I won't stop.