Things were getting better with the therapist, so I'd been told.

Summer break finally reared its head and I welcomed it. Mom reluctantly gave her permission for me to go to Crescendo for two weeks of the break. Things were getting better between mom and I. I didn't know if her change of attitude was because dad had talked to her or if she'd seen the bigger picture on her own, but there was much peace at the Lewis house.

I hadn't told my parents about Jax in I's change in relationship status. Things were too peaceful I didn't want to rock the boat. I figured I'd tell them when Jax was doing better, at least better enough not to be dramatically upset by their disapproval.

I was packing my bag in my room when my phone rang on my bed. I left my open suitcase and attended to it. It was Sunday afternoon and Jax was calling.

"Hey baby," I said when I answered.

"You are still coming, right?" he asked gently. There was much anxiety in his voice, he didn't even think about asking how I was.

I chuckled. "Of course."

"You are kind of...late," his tone hadn't changed.

"Church ran a bit late. Well...mom had to say hi to everyone. Lunch took forever because Jasmine's parents were here and you know women and gossiping. I'm just finishing up right now and I think dad is ready to drive me," I said.

"Okay. I have something to tell you," he said hesitantly.

"Yeah?"

"I'd rather tell you when you get here. It's...big," he baited me.

"You can tell me now," I said.

"I'd rather tell you when you get here," he reiterated.

I begged as much as I could as my curiosity was piqued, but Jax wouldn't give up any information. I gave up. The drive to Crescendo was just thirty minutes. I could wait thirty minutes.

It turns out I had to wait more than thirty minutes. I waited three hours to be precise. Dad drove me up to Crescendo in about twenty-five minutes. He left after five minutes of courtesy conversation with Jax's dad. I thought Jax would tell me then, but no, he was making popcorn and apparently we couldn't talk or the popcorn would burn. You'd swear we were manually popping the corn.

When the popcorn was done, his dad stayed with us for two and a half hours. Avengers: age of Ultron was the movie Jax picked to watch, for the 5th time I'd been told, and Mr. Wyatt just couldn't miss it. So after two and a half hours of me glaring at him, he finally left us alone.

I could breathe a sigh of relief. I was happy to see Jax, but I was concerned about what he couldn't tell me on the phone, and apparently while his father was in the room.

Jax was on his feet in no time. He collapsed next to me on the two-man couch and turned to give me a peck on the lips. He had a slight glow to him that was noticeable. He looked happier, healthier. He wasn't by any shot back to the self he'd told me about, but you could see he was much more relaxed.

"I thought he'd never leave," he said leaning over to place his head on my shoulder.

I chuckled. "I thought so too."

"I'm glad you're here Orly," he said.

I narrowed my eyes. "Everything is fine, right?"

"Everything is fine. Well, it depends how you want to look at it," he said moving slightly away so he could rest on the end of my shoulder.