Beat 4

Later on I made my way back to aunt Janice's house. I dreaded the walk, but soldiered on. I didn't meet any more interesting characters and I was happy about that. When I got to the house I stopped outside, wondering if it was safe to go in. I had been gone for at least two hours. Surely that was enough?

I was tired and hungry. I hadn't eaten much that morning. Mom had been so eager to leave I'd left a slice of toast on my plate.

I opened the door slowly and walked into the house, wondering if there was anything to eat. I was greeted by sounds that made me cringe. There were moans and screams of passion. I was about to leave when the girl I'd seen earlier emerged from the bedroom. She was wearing her t-shirt backwards, and her jeans were open. She looked like she was trying to sneak out when she spotted me.

"Oh, it's you".

I stopped in my tracks. "Uh, yeah. I'm hungry", I said lamely.

"It's...." she shouted. "What's your name?" she asked me.

"Jax".

"It's Jax!" she shouted in the direction she had just come from.

I heard the bedroom door open. Digger walked into my sight.

"Dammit boy, you gave me a fright!" he said in anger.

"Sorry I...I thought you'd be done", I said.

"She's balls of energy", he said spanking the girl in front of him. She squealed in delight.

"I guess I'll take another walk", I said.

"No, don't. I have to go anyway. Nice meeting you Jax", the girl said flashing a smile at me.

"Uh...sure", I said. I wasn't about to say it was nice meeting her because it wasn't.

"Sure I can't twist your arm about tomorrow?" Digger asked.

"Nope. I have to attend some classes or mom will catch on that I ditch. You'll just have to wait loverboy", she said.

Digger flashed her a grin right before he grabbed her butt and pulled her to him. Okay, that was my cue to find something to do before I threw up the little contents my stomach had. I walked the little distance to the kitchen, leaving the two of them swapping saliva near the living area.

There wasn't much distance between the kitchen and living area. I could see them if I turned. Hell I could hear the little sounds their kissing made. I tried to block it out, focusing on finding some cereal. I found a box of cornflakes. I opened the fridge to look for the milk and was greeted by an empty carton.

I didn't want to turn and ask Digger if there was any more milk but I had to. I turned just as the girl walked away from him. He looked at her as she went to the door. He looked at me while wiping his lower lip with his thumb.

"She's hot, isn't she?"

I was caught off-guard. I coughed. "Um, she's okay", I said.

"Okay? Are you kidding me? Damn, did you see that ass?"

"She's...great", I said half-heartedly. She was undoubtedly beautiful, and my thoughts about her stopped there. They had certainly not gone to her ass.

"I love your aunt, but you know sometimes, the young it is, the sweeter it is", he said. His eyes were dangerously narrowed and I didn't like that.

"Um...do we have any more milk?" I asked shaking the carton.

"No. Janice will bring some", he said.

"Oh-kay. Guess I'll have toast", I said, more to myself. I was disappointed that there was no milk. I was the biggest fan of cereal.