43. It's only YOU

Start from the beginning

Actually, we have accepted you long before. When you chose to stay with him despite our objection, because it proves how much you love him. I think, it's your silent way of fighting for it. It's just that, we want to see what else you can do for him hence, I challenged you. Also, someone thought, officially accepting you to our family would be the best gift on your birthday..."

And that 'someone' is none other than that freaking, hopeless romantic, and mushy Forth who, I haven't noticed, has been now standing beside me.

Forth originally had no idea about it, too, as his parents were also testing his limits. In fact, they're proud that he's manning up for his decision. He just found it out when he confronted his parents because he perfectly knew the reason why I was being occupied every weekend had something to do with them. 

He's happy when he has heard it from them, he actually almost blurted it out to me. But, he has to pretend like he didn't know for he believed that I could do anything they would be telling me, and that I would never ever back out from them. 

Now I know why he never bothered to ask me again of the reason why I was busy every weekend because he already knew all along! I thought, I have deceived him...but who am I kidding? Tsk!

So, are all the things they asked me to do an act?

Yes.

Even Forth's father scowling. He is the best actor, indeed. Well, he pull it off because he's a natural intimidating. But he admitted, he hated me for a time for he felt like I've stolen Forth from them. Nonetheless, he realized they also had a fault since they're the first one who reacted harshly at the beginning, instead of understanding and supporting their beloved son...

Hence, they want to make it up with us by giving their blessing to our relationship.

Upon hearing it, I can't help but cry more (Yes! You read it right! I'm finally confessing that I'm crying like a baby. It's the first time, so you have to celebrate, people!). Tears of joy, of course, as this event is so overwhelming to my heart...

Mrs. Jatu, or should I say, 'Ma' gives me a bear hug while chucklingly hushing me down. She's so warm, it reminds me of what a mother's love is...

"I want to take back what I said to you before, Ma," I mutter, still in her embrace. "I don't really hate you..." *sniff

"I know. And I understand why you said it back then. I was a horrible mother."

"For a time. But you're the best."

I feel her smile on my shoulder, then gently pats my head. "Just don't try to hurt the feelings of our Forth, I can also be the best mother-in-law."

"I will never be. You can have my word."

Meanwhile, as I'm having a dramatic scenario with Forth's family, these asshole friends of mine are taking the opportunity to get pictures of my tearful, but still handsome, face to be used in our future internet war. 

"You look like a bloated fish, Beam," Ai'Pha says.

"No. He's Rudolf. Look at his nose. It's so red!" It's Kitty Kitkat -_-" "You are so dead to us..." *evil smile

I want to hit these fuckers, but Forth's parents are her so, I just discreetly flip the bird at them for my 'in-laws' not to see. I can't ruin my image to them, now that they've taken me to their family. But, it only makes those fuckers laugh their asses off.

I roll my eyes and ignore them. After all, I'm in cloud nine, I can't get affected. I'll just deal with them later...