30. Claiming my man

(Beam)

Three days and three nights. Eighty two hours and twenty minutes to be exact since the last time I have seen Forth. It feels like the longest days of my life. Though I know the reason for it: they are busy with their last sotus activities this year, while we had our final exam, I still can't seem to comprehend his absence.

Ironic, isn't it? Back then, I was like a fugitive hiding away from my captor. I even felt like an idiot for always being alert of his presence so that I would know when I would disappear from the scene. Being near to him was giving me a state of calamity. But, after I have finally admitted my own feelings, I have developed the need for his proximity.

Why does it sound like I am being clingy??

Whatever. The thing is... I miss him.

"I heard, the engineering students will be back today from their annual trip," Kitkat suddenly mutters.

It's Sunday, yet we are in the campus. We have just finished our final exam yesterday, however Kitkat, Pha, and I are assigned at the charity event our faculty organized for one of the beneficiaries of the campus (Each faculty has its own beneficiary) that will be held this coming Friday, that's why we are here to help for the preparation.

Who have thought that we could finally take a rest from this hell of semester after our exam? Of course, we will never.

"Your Mingkwan informs you?" I ask teasingly.

As usual, Kitkat flushes over it.

"He's not my Mingkwan!" he hisses. "...but, yeah... He texted me last night."

I thought, phones are not allowed, except for the hazing team. That's why Forth told me to tell it to Kit if ever he asked about the reasaon why Ming wasn't texting him. I suppose, Ming has hidden another phone... Should I tell it to Forth?

"Are you telling us that you already miss your Ming?" Pha says while arranging the things we will be using.

"I am just informing Beammy because he seems fidgety!"

"Me? Why would I? Forth's always messaging me."

"But his messages are not enough..." Pha takes a glance at me. "I notice it, too."

Fine. Observe all my action. As if they aren't feeling the same way.

"How about you and your cute Yo? Aren't you missing him? From what I remember, you barely leave him alone. You are sticking with him like a beetle to a dung."

He shoots me an annoyed look. "Couldn't you use a better metaphor than that? We are neither a beetle nor dung." Then suddenly, his shoulders slump as if he has lost all his strength.

I turn to Kit who has the same question mark on his face. What has happened to our friend? Usually, he's happily chatting about his beloved Yo, but now...

I nudge him with my foot.

"You love meddling with our personal life, yet you won't let us with yours... What happened?" I query.

The head organizer of the said event calls for a thirty-minute break. We use this chance to pry over his love life. Anyway, we've been busy dealing with these new feelings we have that we, sometimes, forget to be updated with our friend's love story. It's like a series that we have to keep track of. And now, we have skipped some of its episodes.

"It's nothing," he replies, but gives a big sigh.

"Oh, come on. Would you like us to force it out of your mouth? You dare to have a deal with Ming and Forth just to make sure that they are serious with us, yet you can't keep up your own relationship?"