31 Days Of May (I)

DAY 0 (APRIL 30, 2018)

Rhian's POV

3 days ago, I arrived in Manila from London. I'm here in the Philippines for a short vacation and to attend one of my bestfriend's bachelorette party and wedding. My friends and I will fly to Siargao tomorrow morning.

"Rhi, why are you packing so much swimwear when you don't even swim? Ano gagawin mo sa mga to? Make 'em into a lifevest?" Solenn commented while we were packing our things and putting them inside our luggage.

"Those are for the photoshoot, everyday OOTD and all that. And just because I don't swim eh di na ko pwede magsuot ng fashionable swimwear diba? Sos, remember? I'm a swimwear fashion designer. You don't expect me to wear long sleeves at the beach naman siguro? " I pointed out and rolled my eyes at her.

"I haven't forgotten and well, yes, you've got a point. But sayang lang kasi if di mo naman magagamit talaga for swimming." Solenn said.

"Ba't naman kasi ayaw mo pa rin subukan na lumangoy ulit Rhiri? Sabi nga diba try and try until you die este until you succeed" tanong ni Lovi with a peace sign. Lovi can be so tactless.

"It's not that I don't want to, It's just that I really can't. Of course you guys know what happened. I've tried plenty of times but I just really can't."

"Isn't it time to conquer that fear of yours? I mean really really try to overcome it. You should really try again.. baka sa Siargao..where you know.." Max said.

Siargao.. how can I forget? How I wish I can just erase that day from my memory.

I shrugged my shoulders and sighed. I went back to folding my clothes.

"I want to but I really don't know if I can. Just thinking of plunging into the sea makes my knees shake.." I softly sighed.

***DAY 1 ( MAY 1, 2018)***

We landed in Siargao this morning. Kakatapos lang namin mag check in at mag-unpack sa resort suite so we decided to walk around and find a place to eat other than the resort's resto.

While walking down the beach we noticed how a lot of people are now riding the waves, sabagay it's high tide kasi. They look really really cool. I know it's harder than it looks. And grabe anganda pa ng mga build nila. Parang super easy lang sa mga surfers ang pag-balance sa waves... suddenly, I feel like my insides shiver briefly at the sight of those waves. I hate huge waves

Haaay. How I wish I can learn how to surf din, pero how can I? eh I can't even go in the water.

"Guys! guys! 10 o'clock!" Solenn shrieked. All of us instantly turned our heads to the direction Solenn said.

We were looking, more of them ogling, at a girl who's on a surfboard showing off her surfing skills on a huge wave. Her form is very good. She's got tanned skin, toned body and she's oozing with confidence and sex appeal. And basing from what I can see, she got a pretty face too. Well, sometimes looks can be deceiving from afar.

"Spell H-O-T. She looks wayyyy better than any of the guys surfing with her. Andaming ibang hot girls na ang nakita ko kanina pero geez, I think I like this one." Solenn uttered.

"Yep. Holy smokes. Parang crush kona rin siya. Mukhang gandang pogiii" Lovi shrieked.

Solenn is a femme lesbian, out and proud. Lovi is bisexual but she's now exclusively dating a guy, but idk they're complicated. And Max is the bride-to-be. Me? I'm single and I just really don't wanna label myself.