CHAPTER II. PART II. - Homewrecker

Start from the beginning

Crash! I woke up from the appearing memories in my mind. I finally arrived at Evangeline's mansion, but I crashed into a few garbage cans in front of it. I checked the time: 11:47, there's still time. I walked out of the driver's seat and got into the pathway that leads to the mansion's front door. I rang the doorbell and the door opened with a smiling maid. "Hello sir, what can I help you with?" She asked with a smile.

"Oh, good morning. Is Evangeline Smiths inside?"

"Oh yes, did she invite a charming date for lunch?"

"Yes, but I'm not her date."

"Oh come in, sir! There's plenty of food for you awaiting for lunch!"

I came in the beautiful mansion again and I thanked the maid for letting me in. She smiled at the kind words and guided me towards the dining room. The dining room was fit for a queen, for it is very big and elegant. Oh! Well, here comes the queen. I told myself as I approach Ms. Smiths.

"Ms. Smiths, a pleasure to see you once again for lunch." I kissed her hand as a greeting.

"Mr. Middleton, I'm honored of your visit in my mansion. Oh! And just in time, its already lunch!" She spoke as we sat down on the table.

The maids gathered around and placed the food on the table, each of them giving me and Evangeline a dish of our choice. "I heard you liked that dish when you were young, so I gave you that dish." She said.

"Well it is really great. Thank you." I replied.

"Anytime." She smirked.

There was a long silence between us as I savor the taste of my dish. But Evangeline creeps me out as she looks at me on the other end of the table. As I finish my meal, I saw Evangeline still looking at me. And I felt so awkward, for she has been looking at me eat like a child in front of her.

"By the way," I broke through the silence, "How did you know my name?"

"I told you, the papers."

"No Evangeline, the truth. You can't just get all the information in one newspaper."

"And if I say I did?"

"Then you're lying."

"So you're saying you don't trust me?"

"Did I ever say I trusted you?"

Evangeline's smiling face turned into a frown, as her eyes turned from playful to sorrowful. I realized how I broke her heart just by telling her I don't trust her. But that doesn't mend the scar she has left me. Only that I felt like the game I've been playing was unfair; How could she understand how I feel if she didn't know I fell in love with her and she broke my heart. It was indeed- unfair.

"I'm sorry."

"No, no. You don't need to apologize."

"I have to. It was- for everything that I've caused you."

"Mr. Middleton, I believe you might need to rest. I have something to tell you."

-----------

"Jemma!" A voice called me as I turned around to see who it was calling me.. "Oh hello, Justin. How was Dan?" I ask. "Awful. He drove away again and I found this piece of paper from his newspaper." Justin said, worried.