In the back seat Enrique tended to Antonella for the first twenty minutes of the ride, after that she fell asleep, so he just put a blanket over her and we continued the ride in silence. She and Antoine were now sleeping and I didn't want to disturb them, especially Antoine.

When we got back to the hotel, Antoine went straight to bed, he only had two more hours until he had to meet with his teammates and coach. I took Antonella to the pool so we could give Antoine some time in piece.

Once he left, I tried to keep busy, I didn't want to fall asleep and then wake up around 19:00, and then have a hard time falling asleep. So, I went to visit my parents, who arrived today.

I told them the good news about Maude and her baby while they told me they took a tour earlier and went to some great places.

Natalia seemed to be in a better mood with me today, she actually was playing with me. Last time she was avoiding me. It really amazed me how similar she was to Nikki, even when she was blonde. She was without doubt a mini Nikki but with a much wicked personality.

Later, once Antoine was dismissed we went out for dinner with my parents and siblings, even Uncle Gianluigi joined. This time Antoine chose something healthy, he couldn't get sick the night before of the big game.

The next day, Antoine was very relaxed. He played with Antonella almost all morning, he was in a good mood and it seemed like he was well rested. Luckily that gave me an extra couple of hours of sleep.

The hours passed quickly though, lunch time passed and the time of the match was getting closer. Isabelle and Alain had gotten here just around 16:15, giving them enough time to spend with Antoine and wish him luck.

And soon, Antoine had to go meet with the team. He kissed me on the lips and I wished him luck. He smiled at me before he kissed Antonella.

I had dressed Antonella in her blue France jersey and white tights quite early so Antoine could see her. Then after dinner, I dressed too.

My parents and Antoine's parents and our siblings, except for Maude, joined me in the lobby, we got into two cars to go to the stadium. My whole family was going to the match but I hadn't seen any of them.

This time my seat was on the very first row, Riccardo was on my right and Henriette on my left. While my parents and Nikki were a row behind me with Enrique, and Antoine's family were behind them.

After about twenty minutes, the players finally walked out to the field, everyone cheered and shouted out of the excitement. Antonella was oblivious to all this noise thanks to the earmuffs, she was in her own little world playing with her toy in my lap.

 Antonella was oblivious to all this noise thanks to the earmuffs, she was in her own little world playing with her toy in my lap

I wanted to jump and shout too when I saw Antoine but with Antonella sat on me, I just clapped and contained myself.

Today France was playing against Portugal. Based on how they played, I'd have never imagined them here in the final. I had bet for a better team, like Germany or even Spain.